Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on July 13, 2011, 03:32:09 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 12, 2011, 06:49:20 AM

:menace:

Hellsing sucks and Alucard sucks.  But at least you didn't spell it "Arucard" like some total fag.
Have you read the Manga or watched the OVAs, or just the 1st crappy anime?

Who the hell says Arucard? He's Dracula, after van Hellsing captured him and bound him with sorcery he reversed the name.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 13, 2011, 03:53:24 PM
I'm considering getting myself fired.

99 weeks of unemployment at 60% of my current salary is still investment money for me. I could do a lot of things with two years of free time...

:P

Join me in the retired side of life.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on July 13, 2011, 03:04:04 PM
Quote from: mongers on July 13, 2011, 02:58:45 PM
That's a strange uncomfortable feeling I've never experienced before; by coincidence my brother is building my next door neighbour an new kitchen, so at his request I went around to give him a hand lifting a few things in place and I felt rather ill at ease being in someone else's house uninvited.

The neighbour is a late 30 something woman, who I generally only say hi to or see to swap miss-delivered mail, so to suddenly find myself in her house, that I've never seen before, but which is next door, felt very odd. I found myself making a conscious effort to not look at any of her stuff, decoration, paintings etc, felt like an invasion of her privacy.

A proper Languish ending to this account: 'So I stole a pair of her underwear, installed a webcam in her bathroom, and wacked off into her milk'.  ;)

Blink Blink :blink:

Tell you what next time I see her I'll say "Oh an 'internet friend' told me to do this and this" I reckon one could go from relative stranger to 'stalker' in one easy move.  :P

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadImmortalMan

Heh.

Coheed and Cambria bassist Michael Todd was arrested after robbing a drugstore by telling the clerk he had a bomb. He took six bottles of Oxycontin. He showed up at the show on time to open for Soundgarden. :lol:

From C&C's FB:

Coheed and Cambria Mic Todd leaves tour, tour goes on.
Mic Todd leaves tour, tour goes on. - Coheed and Cambria Official
childrenofthefence.tumblr.com
Michael Todd was arrested today on what we consider very serious charges and therefore he will not be finishing up the current tour. Wes Styles, long time member of the Coheed family will take on bass duties starting tomorrow for the remaining dates. No shows will be canceled.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

99 weeks of unemployment at 60% of my current salary is still investment money for me. I could do a lot of things with two years of free time...

:hmm:

Isn't it capped at a certain dollar amount?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Caliga on July 13, 2011, 07:39:38 PM

:hmm:

Isn't it capped at a certain dollar amount?

Oh is it? Honestly I have no idea. I've never been on unemployment before in my life.

OT OT: What the hell is with this trend of disc players (cd, dvd, bluray) no longer having manual pin releases anymore? It sucks.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

LaCroix

saw strange days a little while ago. it looked and felt like a cheesy low-budget flick, but wiki told me it cost millions to make. i kinda feel bad for the investors

CountDeMoney

Quote from: LaCroix on July 13, 2011, 11:11:10 PM
saw strange days a little while ago. it looked and felt like a cheesy low-budget flick, but wiki told me it cost millions to make. i kinda feel bad for the investors

It was totally underwhelming then, as it is now.  I believe it was Fiennes' filler paycheck between Schindler's List and English Patient.

"Hey Ralph, it's Morty your agent. Have I got a script for you! Who loves ya, baby!"

katmai

James Cameron can't do no wrong mr money!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

It was an interesting film, though not a particularly good one.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 13, 2011, 05:50:18 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 13, 2011, 03:32:09 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 12, 2011, 06:49:20 AM

:menace:

Hellsing sucks and Alucard sucks.  But at least you didn't spell it "Arucard" like some total fag.
Have you read the Manga or watched the OVAs, or just the 1st crappy anime?

Who the hell says Arucard? He's Dracula, after van Hellsing captured him and bound him with sorcery he reversed the name.

Also the Nazi bombardment of London, I thought you had a hard on for terror bombing?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

I love my houskeepers, and really want to fuck the lights out of one of them, but I'm going to choke a bitch if they don't stop throwing away my shirt collar stays.

Tamas

:cry: house of my dreams, for sale:

http://ujfold.hu/

But it's 45 million forints. About 173 000 euros. Well, well, well, well out of my reach. :(

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas