News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 11, 2011, 05:41:55 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 11, 2011, 05:37:59 PMAs was pointed out they usually don't become superstars in the NFL, but they fill roster spots and contribute.

So, in essence, they're the equivalent of the Canadian contribution to World War 2.  Filled roster spots and contributed.  Roger that.

Obvious troll is obvious.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on July 11, 2011, 05:50:50 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 11, 2011, 05:41:55 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 11, 2011, 05:37:59 PMAs was pointed out they usually don't become superstars in the NFL, but they fill roster spots and contribute.

So, in essence, they're the equivalent of the Canadian contribution to World War 2.  Filled roster spots and contributed.  Roger that.

Obvious troll is obvious.

I had the shot.  I took the shot.

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 11, 2011, 05:47:28 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 11, 2011, 05:45:18 PM
The thought has never crossed my mind to whack off to a sit-com.

What, you never got "Saved By The Bell" reruns early on Sunday morning, you know, when you were just waking up and whatnot?

I am a shame of saying this.

Girl in Boy Meets World, Topanga?  :blush: She's the reason I understand english.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Barrister on July 11, 2011, 05:50:22 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 11, 2011, 05:38:52 PM
Canadians are inferior. At everything.

:yeahright:

http://www.exchange-rates.org/history/CAD/USD/T

See? You even fail at fiscal irresponsibility. Even the Italians are kicking your ass.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

All I know from Holmes on Homes is that Canadians can't build houses and I know from watching the games that the CFL sucks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Plus it's fucking cold up there.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on July 11, 2011, 05:50:22 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 11, 2011, 05:38:52 PM
Canadians are inferior. At everything.

:yeahright:

http://www.exchange-rates.org/history/CAD/USD/T

We felt we had to make up for the fact that the loonie suffered its all time low against the dollar as recently as 2002. Only sporting really. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 09, 2011, 10:30:46 PM
Quote from: katmai on July 09, 2011, 05:58:45 AM
Fuck that MBM. I can't count how many times I've had problems sending shit to my dad in San Antonio.

Like what kind of problems?  Other than lazy UPS dudes who can't push a little button on the wall right above where they put the packages, I have no issues at all.  USPS either puts it in my box or if it's too big for that or whatever, rings the doorbell and leaves a note if no one answers.  FedEx seems to regularly ring the doorbell as well.  I've never used DHL.  One of those will also leave it with a neighbor sometimes as well.  Haven't had that happen in a while though, so don't know which one it is (could be all of them vOv).

Of course, I, and the people who send stuff to me, can properly package things and fill out an address correctly and legibly, so maybe that's where you and Tonitrus go wrong.  :D

Fedex drivers dropping off packages to wrong houses, UPS and fedex not ringing bell and leaving packages out front or leaving the notes they tried to deliver.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on July 10, 2011, 09:23:09 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 10, 2011, 07:17:35 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 10, 2011, 07:13:32 PM
I actually never learned to play Rugby.  It just wasn't a game that was played.  Don't know how to play Cricket either.  We played baseball, soccer, and football.  The only one I was decent at was soccer.  I couldn't even hit a baseball even when it was on a tee.

I was a pretty good pitcher in little league. Until my psycho coach never letting me pitch again because I couldn't stop the runs flowing in a bad game when I relieved the shitty starter.

Never played after that year either.

I liked soccer cause I could kick the other kids.  I actually had some talent in that.  I once scored a goal by bouncing the ball off the goalies crotch forcing him to double over.  The ball came back to me and I kicked it again and hit his face knocking him down.  The ball rolled back to me and since the goalie was now on the ground I was able to kick it in with out obstruction.

:lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

I jerked off to the local news once.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

The Football WC results so far:

Group A:
USA v Australia 61-0
Germany v Mexico 15-22
Mexico v Australia 65-0
Germany v USA 7-48

Group B:
Austria v Japan 6-24
France v Canada 10-45
Japan v France 35-10
Canada v Austria 36-14

Since the group leaders go to the final, it'll be USA or Mexico vs. Canada or Japan. Also: WTF Australia?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ideologue on July 11, 2011, 09:58:31 PM

I jerked off to the local news once.

There are some hot weather babes out there in some markets.

Syt

Btw, the U.S. and Canadian world cup rosters are here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_IFAF_World_Cup

I have to say the only name that sounds familiar is DeWayne Lewis.  :huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Was going through the White Wolf Wiki at while at work time.

I'm thinking Alucard from Hellsing would come out to at least

Potence – 9, Obtenebration –9, Protean – 9, Fortitude – 8, Celerity – 8, Auspex – 8, Vicissitude – 7,
Dominate – 6,   Presence – 6, Obfuscate – 6, Thaumaturgy (Path of Transmutation – 5,  Focus Mind 4,
Alchemy - 3, Elemental Mastery – 3, Path of Conjuring -2 , Path of Blood - 1)
Mortis (Nigrimancy Path – 6,  Cadaverous Animation 5, Corpse in the Monster – 5)

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point