News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

They didn't think pictures of beaners in Alaska would go over well, eh? :console:

Waaaait. Are you "Saladin"?  :lol:

Should've went with "Jaron Pinochet"

The Brain

It's "the Saladin", according to the article. :contract:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 24, 2011, 01:00:45 AM
Went to the U2 concert last night.  Not their biggest fan by any means, but you don't miss that kind of show if you have the opportunity to catch them.  What a production.
I feel the same way about Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band.  RIP Clarence. :weep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on June 23, 2011, 11:30:01 PM
QuoteThe Spicy Bacon Cheddar Jalapeno Waffle

Thick cut peppered bacon, diced jalapenos and a slice of Tillamook Cheddar topped with our fresh made avocado-tomatillo salsa.

Holy crap,  I bet that would be good (without the bacon).

Even better with the bacon. :mmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 24, 2011, 10:34:11 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 23, 2011, 11:30:01 PM
QuoteThe Spicy Bacon Cheddar Jalapeno Waffle

Thick cut peppered bacon, diced jalapenos and a slice of Tillamook Cheddar topped with our fresh made avocado-tomatillo salsa.

Holy crap,  I bet that would be good (without the bacon).

Even better with the bacon. :mmm:

You are: haram.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Capetan Mihali

Since the office has gone to hell with the storms (50% power randomly distributed across the building and no HVAC), and since the Sheriff's range where we were supposed to learn to shoot this morning flooded overnight, I rolled down I-40 to do some shooting of my own, East Tennessee style.   :showoff:

Rented a S&W .357 revolver and shot .38 specials with it.  I'm not a terrible shot at 15 yards.   :sleep:  The gun range is kind of like the bowling alley, if a little louder and more expensive.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Caliga

Only blind people are a terrible shot at 15 yards. :hug:

Awesome, this makes me want to take my rifle out and shoot this weekend.  Where down I-40 did you go?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Ideologue on June 23, 2011, 08:20:53 PM
Antiziganist.

Yes.

QuoteBesides, they never play that shit up for the cameras.

Actually the show downplays or dismisses a lot of their reputed characteristics.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 24, 2011, 01:00:45 AM
Went to the U2 concert last night.  Not their biggest fan by any means, but you don't miss that kind of show if you have the opportunity to catch them.  What a production.

I don't have anything against U2, but their music was always so overplayed on the radio it's just white noise to me. 

But I'm going to see Paul McCartney when he comes to Cincy in August for similar reasons.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Slargos

Quote from: Caliga on June 24, 2011, 01:11:05 PM
Only blind people are a terrible shot at 15 yards. :hug:

Awesome, this makes me want to take my rifle out and shoot this weekend.  Where down I-40 did you go?

At 12, with the .22, my old man insisted on 15 meters until I showed enough proficiency to move on. It certainly isn't anything to brag about.  :D

Razgovory

Ron Paul is concerned that someone may stolen the Gold in Fort Knox.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on June 24, 2011, 12:43:38 PM

Rented a S&W .357 revolver and shot .38 specials with it.

My wife likes to make one of the rounds in the cylinder a .357 and the rest .38. She'll give it a spin so she doesn't know which one. Pop, pop, pop, BANG!  :P

She's fun to watch. And a good shot with her revolver, too. And yeah, the desert is cheaper than the range but less convenient. If I'm already going off-roading, we usually take the handguns too.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

katmai

Quote from: Slargos on June 24, 2011, 02:37:37 AM
They didn't think pictures of beaners in Alaska would go over well, eh? :console:

Waaaait. Are you "Saladin"?  :lol:

Should've went with "Jaron Pinochet"

They actually fucked up and when first put up on website had my name in caption.

And nope the producers real last name is Saladin. No idea why he only gave his last name but whatever.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.