The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on February 19, 2010, 09:01:36 AM
:lol:

Mono's wet dream was used as script for a commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXj8yoHlYKI&feature=related

Only if the golf clubs cost less than 5 dollars.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

I have a strange desire to reread the Lord of the Rings.  I haven't read it since middle school (which was about 15 years ago).
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on February 19, 2010, 12:57:03 PM
I have a strange desire to reread the Lord of the Rings.  I haven't read it since middle school (which was about 15 years ago).

I re-read them about 2 years ago - the first time since around the same age.  It was a great re-read.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Agelastus

What's strange about this? Just don't forget how dull part 4 feels compared to parts 3 and 5.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Grey Fox

I have finnally gave up on Azureus/Vuze & moved to utorrent.

It seems better.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on February 19, 2010, 01:17:31 PM

I re-read them about 2 years ago - the first time since around the same age.  It was a great re-read.

Wait how old were you 2 years ago?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 19, 2010, 04:56:12 PM
He was 33.
The same age Jesus was when he read The Lord of the Rings.

Eddie Teach

It made his time in the tomb pretending to be dead more enjoyable.  :)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

lustindarkness

I read LOTR when a teenager and then again about a year before the first movie came out (Fellowship came out in what? 2001?).
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 19, 2010, 05:43:38 PM
It made his time in the tomb pretending to be dead more enjoyable.  :)

I know he could do miracles and all, but all three books in three days?  :yeahright:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

He didn't have any distractions.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 19, 2010, 04:42:38 PM
I have finnally gave up on Azureus/Vuze & moved to utorrent.

It seems better.

It's much better. I no longer download anything on the mac partition, since I'd have to use Azureus.
uTorrent runs quietly and minimally in the background. Its great.

QuoteI have a strange desire to reread the Lord of the Rings.  I haven't read it since middle school (which was about 15 years ago).

I last read them not long before the first movie came out (the first time, too). I've reread the Hobbit at least once since then, but when I tried to reread FotR, I got bored and stopped around Tom Bombadil.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Ed Anger

I gave my copies away. Yet I still have Gor.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive