News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Josephus on December 02, 2009, 09:58:09 AM
So the fourth highest "fastest rising" search term on Google in Canada is.....Acces D

WTF?

I'm still trying to figure out the online fascination with zit popping.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 02, 2009, 10:33:27 AM
Quote from: Josephus on December 02, 2009, 09:58:09 AM
So the fourth highest "fastest rising" search term on Google in Canada is.....Acces D

WTF?

It's desjardins' name for online banking.

Yeah....I Googled it.  ;)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

And now you see why it's #4.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zanza

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 02, 2009, 10:32:39 AM
Quote from: Zanza on December 02, 2009, 10:25:08 AM
My employer just decided to move some its production capacities to a low-cost foreign location: Alabama.

LOLZ, no union.
The reason given was the weak dollar exchange rate. If the dollar continues to plummet against the euro or even just stays on its current level, it's hard to get a good margin out of products sold in the USA. And as the USA is the second biggest market for my company, that's rather painful at the moment. Producing in the market makes sense.

Strix

Quote from: Zanza on December 02, 2009, 10:54:11 AM
The reason given was the weak dollar exchange rate. If the dollar continues to plummet against the euro or even just stays on its current level, it's hard to get a good margin out of products sold in the USA. And as the USA is the second biggest market for my company, that's rather painful at the moment. Producing in the market makes sense.

Which is one advantage to the dollar getting so weak. It will ultimately mean more jobs in the US.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

MadBurgerMaker

Bleh.  It's supposed to snow on Friday.  I need to move further south or something.

Josephus

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 02, 2009, 12:01:59 PM
Bleh.  It's supposed to snow on Friday.  I need to move further south or something.

Agreed.

I was in Grenada two weeks ago. 30 degrees Centigrade. Not a trace of  snow. :D
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

And we are now entering month #3 without Web or Cable TV at home.

I am dieing.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 02, 2009, 03:00:27 PM
And we are now entering month #3 without Web or Cable TV at home.

I am dieing.

Why are you doing this?

Josquius

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7VSz3zxPMk

A real Roy of the Rovers film would be good.
That and Our Willie= best English language comics ever.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Don't know Our Willie, which has a surprisingly odd feel to it, but I loved Roy of the Rovers as a kid.

Monoriu

Quote from: Zanza on December 02, 2009, 10:25:08 AM
My employer just decided to move some its production capacities to a low-cost foreign location: Alabama.

Why not China?