Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Quote from: Tyr on November 30, 2009, 07:03:23 PM
It was as high as 60 among whites? Thats unexpected...Given most republicans would be white.

This may come as a surprise to you, but most Democrats are also white.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on December 01, 2009, 12:40:58 AM
It was as high as 60 among whites? Thats unexpected...Given most republicans would be white.

evil lies!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Fate

However Obama won the election with only 43% of the White vote (a bit higher than Kerry or Gore), well within the margin of error on a 39% white subsample. I think it's natural that his approval is coming back down along traditional partisan lines.

Tamas

AGEOD's forum got hacked  :bleeding:

Josquius

Quote from: Habbaku on December 01, 2009, 12:40:58 AM

They're not as white as the republicans though. And like it or not republicans exist. I know for a fact that they aren't so weak as only being 25% of the country or somesuch (40% of 80%...I suppose we can give them a few percent from the minorites too.Can't be arsed to do the maths)
██████
██████
██████

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Malthus on November 30, 2009, 06:15:23 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on November 30, 2009, 06:05:30 PM
Quote from: Malthus on November 30, 2009, 02:07:54 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on November 30, 2009, 04:21:42 AM
I just bought a $325 coat on sale for $25. The store wasn't going out of business or anything, they just had some coats on sale for dirt cheap. I don't have any clue why; maybe it's a Chinese knockoff, but then I bought it at an actual store, not some street vendor in Namdaemun.

You will know why when the spider eggs hatch.

Thanks, now I'm paranoid. <_<

It's okay, they just want to lay more eggs in your ears. Wear a headset at all times and you'll be fine.  :)

Will tinfoil work? :tinfoil:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on December 01, 2009, 07:30:11 AM
Quote from: Tamas on December 01, 2009, 04:42:33 AM
AGEOD's forum got hacked  :bleeding:

Who the fuck would do that?

Some wanker. ACTS, the card-driven boardgame PBEM assistant page got also hacked and fucked up in recent past, because it was running a database relatively unprotected, obviously thinking none would be interested in hacking it. They were wrong, some turkish ashole did it, probably just because the script he found somewhere could make it.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Tamas

Razgovory

You eastern Europeans are a funny bunch.  Turks are driving the internet away and I think Gypsies stole the electricity out of these wires!

ulmont

I'd look for hacking suspects among those who paid full price for that AGEOD WW1 game.

Ed Anger

Quote from: ulmont on December 01, 2009, 09:12:18 AM
I'd look for hacking suspects among those who paid full price for that AGEOD WW1 game.

LOL
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive