And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Jaron on November 28, 2009, 03:30:25 PM
Does USA NOT gobble up Mexico in any of Tims projections? :P
Sometimes they also invade English Canada.  Because for some reason, American territorial aggrandisement cannot defeat pseudo-French speakers.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on November 28, 2009, 03:06:43 PM
Wrong.

Also, the likelyhood of America being strong enough to wrest away northern Mexico is nil.

I'd agree if strength meant desire of the populace. We've no need or will to add shitty Mexico to our country. That would do away with the only good things about it (cheap, cheap vacationing).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on November 28, 2009, 03:35:37 PM
Quote from: Neil on November 28, 2009, 03:06:43 PM
Wrong.

Also, the likelyhood of America being strong enough to wrest away northern Mexico is nil.
I'd agree if strength meant desire of the populace. We've no need or will to add shitty Mexico to our country. That would do away with the only good things about it (cheap, cheap vacationing).
Well, that and America wasn't a military giant back then.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

I know I will kick myself for asking but why did war start in 1912 timmay?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on November 28, 2009, 05:26:10 PM

I'll slap you.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 28, 2009, 12:54:47 AM
1920- Five years after the end of the Great War.

In 3 years of carnage in which 6.5 million were slain, the Triple Alliance of Germany, Russia and Italy decisively defeated the Quintuple Entente of France, Britain, Japan, Austria-Hungary and the Ottoman Empire.

Yet the Germans didn't get Alsace-Lorraine.  Right.   :rolleyes:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

Tim bashing makes me happy. ^_^
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Neil on November 28, 2009, 05:22:39 PM

We were stronger than we were in the 1840s when we beat them the first time. :mellow:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Habbaku on November 28, 2009, 06:34:16 PM

In 3 years of carnage in which 6.5 million were slain, the Triple Alliance of Germany, Russia and Italy decisively defeated the Quintuple Entente of France, Britain, Japan, Austria-Hungary and the Ottoman Empire.

Wouldn't they have already had it?  Maybe they gave it back after winning.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 28, 2009, 06:44:05 PM

We were stronger than we were in the 1840s when we beat them the first time. :mellow:
Not relative to Mexican strength.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Habbaku on November 28, 2009, 06:34:16 PM

They have Alsace-Lorraine and Luxembourg. The base map I used as all the world's provinces on it so I know I'm right about Alsace at least. The Germans only took about a quarter of Lorraine so I suppose I could have erred in how much I gave them but it looks right to me.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: katmai on November 28, 2009, 05:26:10 PM
Italy's invaded Ottoman Libya and the conflict spiraled out of control.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on November 28, 2009, 10:34:45 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 28, 2009, 06:44:05 PM

Not relative to Mexican strength.

That's not true, the difference in strength was far more
pronounced at the beginning of the 20th century.

As for the provinces annexed, they weren't heavily
populated at the time. They could be developed into
non-shitty places Garbon.

1 Karma Chameleon point