News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

There's also the tax breaks/incentives that some destinations offer, right? For instance, I seem to recall that the state of Georgia provided massive support for media productions shot there, so for instance several of the latest MCU movies were filmed there.

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 07, 2021, 09:57:46 AM
Quote from: The Larch on December 07, 2021, 09:11:58 AM
British TV is well known for its stingy budgets, and period pieces are notoriously expensive. It's only in co-productions when more lavish shows are made.
Slander!

I admit it, Dr. Who's "very" special effects played a part in my post.  :lol:

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on December 07, 2021, 10:06:13 AM
There's also the tax breaks/incentives that some destinations offer, right? For instance, I seem to recall that the state of Georgia provided massive support for media productions shot there, so for instance several of the latest MCU movies were filmed there.

New Mexico, too, which is why Netflix has built a gigantic facility there.

Spain is probably going to go all-in on incentives like these, given how well they are working for the Canary Islands.

Grey Fox

It is a well known cliché that Montreal can pass as an European city when needed. We also have multiple incentives.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

I admit it, Dr. Who's "very" special effects played a part in my post.  :lol:

EXTERMINATE!
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on December 07, 2021, 10:09:13 AM

New Mexico, too, which is why Netflix has built a gigantic facility there.

Spain is probably going to go all-in on incentives like these, given how well they are working for the Canary Islands.

I guess that other regions must have similar schemes by now, I seem to remember that it was a factor in the later seasons of Game of Thrones, for instance, which employed plenty of locations all over Spain.

Sheilbh

Yeah the UK has pretty generous tax breaks for film and TV I think - but are often undercut by the Isle of Man who go even further and are often used as a location for the UK or Ireland :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

I always found it hilarious that Fast & Furious 6 is technically a Spanish movie. The pride of our cinematography  :lol:

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on December 07, 2021, 12:51:53 PM
I always found it hilarious that Fast & Furious 6 is technically a Spanish movie. The pride of our cinematography  :lol:

Also Wrath of the Titans, right?

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on December 07, 2021, 12:55:27 PM
Quote from: celedhring on December 07, 2021, 12:51:53 PM

Also Wrath of the Titans, right?

Yep!

Admiral Yi

I think there are physical similarities between Russians and English.  Both very pink.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Also, courtroom drawing of Ghislaine Maxwell drawing the courtroom artist. Very meta.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.