News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Yeah I 've not had an amalgam filling since I was a kid (although not had many fillings either :goodboy:). I think you normally get a choice but mine is with dental insurance through an NHS dentist.
Let's bomb Russia!

Agelastus

Quote from: Tamas on January 15, 2021, 03:21:19 PM
Apparently if I can find a dentist willing to root canal on the NHS it would be 90 pounds.

I need to figure out if that means an amalgam filling. If not, I will hunt down an NHS dentist - the hard work has already been  done by the expensive expert guy they just need to wrap up.

I think the non-amalgam filling will be dearer, but a fraction the cost you've been quoted by your existing dentist. I seem to recall being given the choice the last time I needed a filling.

The first trick, of course, being to find a dentist willing to do it on the NHS (/is accepting new NHS patients.)
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODen4HkKy-g

A lot of stories about food delivery customers who cheat the system by hitting a "delivery not received button" on the app have been showing up on my youtube.  Perhaps this is a fatal flaw in the food delivery model.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 17, 2021, 05:14:32 PM

A lot of stories about food delivery customers who cheat the system by hitting a "delivery not received button" on the app have been showing up on my youtube.  Perhaps this is a fatal flaw in the food delivery model.

My YouTube suggests half-nekkid stuff. What kind of crap are you watching?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Brain on January 17, 2021, 05:20:12 PM

Food delivery scams, rioters getting arrested, Premier League highlights, Russian car accidents, CNBC stock market news...

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 17, 2021, 05:25:08 PM
Quote from: The Brain on January 17, 2021, 05:20:12 PM

Food delivery scams, rioters getting arrested, Premier League highlights, Russian car accidents, CNBC stock market news...

I see.

Eddie Teach

What kind of half-nekkid stuff?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 17, 2021, 05:30:56 PM
What kind of half-nekkid stuff?

Well, the humans are fully clothed.

Admiral Yi

Oh yeah, a lot of Karen clips. 

Josquius

Well this is cool. Deep fake sound thing for some characters. Mostly kids stuff but Glados and David Tenant are there

https://15.ai/
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 17, 2021, 05:14:32 PM

I don't think it's a fatal flaw because it's monitored and there are limits - from what I've been told by a Deliveroo driver.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Oh to be Telegraph literary editor:
QuoteTelegraph Books
@TelegraphBooks
Was Dostoevsky a tortured genius, or a goofy bungler?
:lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Update on my Tooth Saga: dentists are not at all keen to finish somebody else's root canal work not to mention that I am now on an NHS patient waiting list with one of the nearby ones but it's gonna' be a couple of months at least before they can take me on.

So tomorrow I'll check with the place that done the first half. Based on their homepage I fully expect another £600 spent, since I am sure they'll charge me the £45 consultation fee for looking at it before finishing what they started.

What's mind-boggling is that this doesn't seem THAT expensive for a molar. Sure it's on the higher end but of the regular scale, as far as I can tell.

Anyhow, I won't bother with dental insurance. I'll make the gamble that the couple of other iffy teeth I have will hold out until I am on the NHS list or I can fly to Hungary, with the latter one preferred. Otherwise I'll just suffer long enough so I can call the NHS emergency line. :P

Goddamit.

celedhring

I'm not sure how you arrive at a "trials per 100k" when considering a 500 year period, but it's works for comparison, at least.

The Swiss surely didn't like their witches.

Tonitrus

Maybe they just kept better documentation?