Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

72 virgins. All WoW players.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

The whole virgin thing seems kind of a turn off.  72 acts of awkward sex followed by crying every night is a pretty crappy reward.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Maybe their virginity doesn't automatically reset, but only when you choose to reset it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

72 virgins? Can they find that many? Heck...I'd blow up a bus for that. :D

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 22, 2009, 09:12:09 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 22, 2009, 09:05:00 AM
That it's always a guy in a mask that "would have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for you pesky kids and that dog?"
That the only real monsters are people.

That's awesome.  The nihilistic heart of Scooby Doo, and found by motherfucking Tim Ortiz.

In other news, I (and my partner) were successful in the first round of mock trial competition--by 1 point per judge. :lol: It might not be a pretty win, but I'll take it. :yeah:

They hammered us on evidentiary issues, especially early on, but lost in all likelihood because their opening and closing revolved heavily around Batman and robotic monotone.  We (apparently?) filled the role of "Harry" Dent.  On a personal note, I'm pissed of because they're not real Batman fans, yet invoke his name in the cause of bullshit.  Nevertheless, damned good fight from them.  They almost beat us technicalities, but we kicked their ass on heart (and general presentation, and--in fairness to our own relative technical skills--not asking the same Goddamn question with the very same words after an objection was sustained).

Also, my own direct was unobjectionable, my cross debilitating, and my closing rollicking.  I think I might've actually done better than my partner, but in fairness I had easier witnesses--medical experts.

And, on a special note for my main man Barrister Boy, I was the prosecution, putting a big, filthy-rich plaintiff's attorney (perhaps a native Torontonian? :shifty:) away for life on a murder rap. :hug:

Yeah, it's lawyer LARPing, but it's pretty fun.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

Since when are medical experts easy witnesses? :o

Well grats Ide.  Even if mock trials are a load of horsepoop.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HisMajestyBOB

That's pretty cool.

I remember my 7th grade mock trial. Unfortunately, the defense was able to discover the evidence that completely cleared the defendant. We still managed to convince the jury on a lesser charge, though. :lol:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on October 19, 2009, 10:03:54 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 22, 2009, 09:12:09 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 22, 2009, 09:05:00 AM
That it's always a guy in a mask that "would have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for you pesky kids and that dog?"
That the only real monsters are people.

That's awesome.  The nihilistic heart of Scooby Doo, and found by motherfucking Tim Ortiz.

They hammered us on evidentiary issues, especially early on, but lost in all likelihood because their opening and closing revolved heavily around Batman and robotic monotone.  We (apparently?) filled the role of "Harry" Dent.  On a personal note, I'm pissed of because they're not real Batman fans, yet invoke his name in the cause of bullshit. 

And is there something wrong with that? :yeahright:

Batman? Was it the cartoon where the lawyer's told if Batman says his client's guilty, he's guilty?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Lunch
Rice - Good
Unidentified soup (bean curd?) - Good
Salad with unidentified fried substance - Good
Unidentified Salad Dressing - Ick
Kimchi and unidentified fermented vegetables - Ick
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Timmay, I think it's time you go to bed.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on October 20, 2009, 01:57:59 AM
Timmay, I think it's time you go to bed.

It's 3:48 in the afternoon.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 20, 2009, 01:53:28 AM
Lunch
Rice - Good
Unidentified soup (bean curd?) - Good
Salad with unidentified fried substance - Good
Unidentified Salad Dressing - Ick
Kimchi and unidentified fermented vegetables - Ick

Kimchi is delish!  :mad:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help