News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on October 18, 2009, 04:19:46 AM
I am happy to report that the following piece has survived my recent computer's untimely death.

:yeah:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Desktopified.

I'd forgotten that pic - who made it?

Admiral Yi

I was frying some eggs when it hit me that the voice on the Thickburger commercials sounds exactly like the voice on the your brain on drugs commercial.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on October 18, 2009, 04:07:07 PM
Desktopified.

I'd forgotten that pic - who made it?

Me, of course.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 19, 2009, 06:10:58 AM
Good Morning, America!
How are ya? Say don't you know me, I'm your native son.

Grey Fox

I'm good! Happy to be online again!

I'm a train they call the City of New Orleans
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadImmortalMan

http://www.villagesgolfcartman.com/

This dude is using federal grants for "electric vehicles" to snap up golf carts horrifically cheap.  :lol:

The federal credit provides from $4,200 to $5,500 for the purchase of an electric vehicle, and when it is combined with similar incentive plans in many states the tax credits can pay for nearly the entire cost of a golf cart.

I think every golf course in America should probably be stocking up.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 19, 2009, 06:19:29 AM
I'm good! Happy to be online again!

I'm a train they call the City of New Orleans

Will I see you in WoW then? :w00t:

MadImmortalMan

These guys need to hire a marketing firm.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josquius

:lol:
True.
That's why they're awful villains really, the Russians at least hid behind the theoretically nice 'everyone will be free and equal!'ness of communism, the islamofascists though just out and out say 'We don't like you and want to kill you'
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Quote from: Tyr on October 19, 2009, 05:06:34 PM
True.
That's why they're awful villains really, the Russians at least hid behind the theoretically nice 'everyone will be free and equal!'ness of communism, the islamofascists though just out and out say 'We don't like you and want to kill you'

Yup, the Islamotards make crappy villains because they are in no way even superficially attractive. Even the fascists had Modernism and snappy uniforms.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josephus

Quote from: Malthus on October 19, 2009, 05:08:58 PM
Quote from: Tyr on October 19, 2009, 05:06:34 PM
True.

Yup, the Islamotards make crappy villains because they are in no way even superficially attractive. Even the fascists had Modernism and snappy uniforms.

I agree. Yet tons of people are seduced by it. So there must be something there.

EDIT: Wait...arent' they promised 7 virgins for eternity when they die or something? I guess the lure of spending eternity with seven chattering 12-year-olds is a lure for then. :)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011