News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I'm not mowing my lawn every week. Thats insanely often. Even fortnightly seems too much.

Though speaking to one neighbour it seems they have odd ideas about their garden. They object to hedgehogs coming in for some reason and cut away the vines that used to cover their fence.  I just hope they're unsuccesful in getting the council to cut down a tree in a nearby field. Not least because I've been thinking how much better that field would be with more trees and thinking about how to get this.
██████
██████
██████

Monoriu

Drone footage of Hong Kong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYO1uk7vIcc

No idea why this is mindblowing.  I see these scenes every day, and it is just ordinary life.  Obviously I don't mind adding more people, buildings and cars. 

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on May 10, 2020, 12:03:58 PM

:nerd:

I saw that in my twitterfeed.  The twitterites I follow declared it the winner of the internet and we could now close it all down and go on to more productive things.

Syt

With this traditional vest, Kevin Spacey looks like a provincial politician in Austria:

:unsure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_hVJ51cZ-c&feature=emb_logo

https://news.knowyourmeme.com/news/kevin-spacey-coronavirus-video?fbclid=IwAR1QEfRgR-5tsG6onWjy9ig4DMzfgFqsagjsbPL9COLpuzPd95kgIkP7-9M

QuoteIn his latest dispatch from quarantine, he compares the life of a disgraced Oscar winner to losing your job because of the pandemic. The video comes from early April when Spacey participated in something called the "Bits and Pretzels Virtual Founders Breakfast."

"In this instance, I feel as though I can relate to what it feels like to have your world suddenly stopped," Spacey said, "So while we may have found ourselves in similar situations, for very different reasons and circumstances, I still believe that some of the emotional struggles are very much the same, and so I do have empathy for what it feels like to suddenly be told you can't go back to work or that you might lose your job and that is a situation that you have absolutely no control over."

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Bold! Penetrating! Shocking!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

They should clean up Times Square.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

That was a good segue from the Spacey post.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Duque de Bragança

Zoupa

Quote from: Tyr on May 10, 2020, 02:24:27 AM
I'm not mowing my lawn every week. Thats insanely often. Even fortnightly seems too much.

Though speaking to one neighbour it seems they have odd ideas about their garden. They object to hedgehogs coming in for some reason and cut away the vines that used to cover their fence.  I just hope they're unsuccesful in getting the council to cut down a tree in a nearby field. Not least because I've been thinking how much better that field would be with more trees and thinking about how to get this.

I mow my lawn 3 times a year maximum. The neighbours love me  :frog:

PDH

Quote from: Zoupa on May 16, 2020, 01:17:47 PM
I mow my lawn 3 times a year maximum. The neighbours love me  :frog:

And he does it while wearing a beret and striped shirt, smoking an unfiltered cigarette, and flipping off the kids that live around.  The Gallic shrug at the end is merely for show.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Grey Fox

I lawned my front yard today. 1st time of the year. Pretty late.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.