News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

Yep. Same thing as Don Corleone and Dom Perignon, too. Dominus = Master. I only ever encounter it jokingly, now. 
Que le grand cric me croque !

Razgovory

I may make a Rimworld AAR.  I created a spawned a huge number of characters, named many of them after Languish posters, and put them in an unwinnable scenario.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2020, 02:50:03 PM
Quote from: Tyr on January 09, 2020, 01:20:37 PM
Yeah, I've never heard of this drug being used recreationally and the scale of the issue.

Here the issue is less that most of the victims were straight and more how many of them there were

Well except that it actually has affected way more gays than that in prior incidents over years. Channel 4/Buzzfeed had good pieces after an investigation last year.

Seriously? That's truly mad we haven't heard of it then.
All the reporting on this guy is around him being the most prolific rapist ever.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Yeah Buzzfeed have done some really good articles on the whole use in the chemsex scene.

Plus there was this serial killer the police missed. It wasn't even properly investigated despite the fact that he left the bodies of two young men in the same graveyard and they were discovered by the same women while walking her dogs. The killer was actually interviewed and his DNA taken in relation to the first death.

Good BBC article on him:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-d32c5bc9-aa42-49b8-b77c-b258ea2a9205

And the drug's been used in other murders, such as this thief who used Grindr then drugged his victims:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48928442
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Map of where major German companies are headquartered.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Hardly any Tech gig economy companies. Good for Germany.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

(Real) Bavaria beats Franconia.

Josquius

Needs to be placed alongside a UK one to highlight how screwed up we are.

Where was this found? It genuinely would be great to see for other countries.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Interesting reactions.  ^_^

Mine is how few of those are household names.

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 10, 2020, 07:56:41 AM
Interesting reactions.  ^_^

Mine is how few of those are household names.

Yet many of them are amongst the largest companies in their sectors. And I guess they're more familiar to euros, maybe many of those companies don't operate as such in the US.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on January 10, 2020, 07:59:36 AM
Yet many of them are amongst the largest companies in their sectors. And I guess they're more familiar to euros, maybe many of those companies don't operate as such in the US.

What percentage of those companies are you familiar with?  Ballpark.  I'm guessing around 1/6 for me.

Grey Fox

Zeiss is my workplace #1 customer.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Märklin is this big? Wow.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 10, 2020, 08:02:56 AM
Quote from: The Larch on January 10, 2020, 07:59:36 AM

What percentage of those companies are you familiar with?  Ballpark.  I'm guessing around 1/6 for me.

1/3, 1/4, I guess.

grumbler

I wouldn't draw too many conclusions from this map.  It's just a visual from some guy on Reddit, and comments there make it clear that it has numerous errors.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!