And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 28, 2019, 05:34:21 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on December 28, 2019, 08:07:01 AM
Lincoln city itself booted the Labour MP in favor of a Tory.
Lincoln's a very swing seat generally.

Anyone have any idea what's going on with Kevin Spacey's creepy, apparently annual, Christmas messages? :mellow: :ph34r:

The ghost of Christmas passe.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

So I went to Fry's Electronics to get my computer repaired over the Holidays and man does that place look grim. So many retail companies are going out of business in the US these days.

One bizarre moment: ok so my computer needed a new power supply. The guy said they only had a few in stock I could buy to put in my system. I thought I had misheard for a second but no, Fry's Electronics barely had any power supplies. They had not gotten new parts shipments in months. I walked down there and yeah the shelves were barren in the middle of the Christmas shopping season. I mean that basically says imminent bankruptcy. Damn I have gone there for years for all my computer parts and I built my last few systems there.

I guess I will need to find a small computer nerd type company to do all my repairs and get parts from in the future. Ah well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 28, 2019, 05:34:21 PM
Anyone have any idea what's going on with Kevin Spacey's creepy, apparently annual, Christmas messages? :mellow: :ph34r:

What the hell? Oh wow that is creepy.

Damn Spacey, I once thought you were cool.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Let's see how long it takes you to spot the cringe in the picture.  :P

Context: Pregnant influencer posts a picture about her Berlin trip.

Richard Hakluyt

one of the #s is ill thought out  :(

The Larch

Josquius

Quote from: The Larch on January 03, 2020, 07:35:07 AM
Let's see how long it takes you to spot the cringe in the picture.  :P

Context: Pregnant influencer posts a picture about her Berlin trip.

https://petapixel.com/2017/01/21/artist-shames-disrespectful-holocaust-memorial-tourists-using-photoshop/

(but ja. Extra layer for her for baby in the oven)
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

The cringe was fairly obvious, and then I noticed the hashtags  :wacko:

The Brain

What's the other cringe?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maladict

Quote from: The Brain on January 03, 2020, 09:24:31 AM
What's the other cringe?

The utter disrespect. I mean, look at all those leaves. It's January ffs, just clean the place every once in a while.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Interesting article on the Desi Pubs of the Black Country:
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/inside-story-how-desi-pubs-16689424

Basically Punjabi pubs that are revived by British Indians pulling pints of bitter and serving excellent Punjabi curries.

It sounds wonderful - really hope this trend goes nationwide :o
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

I like that they're keeping the name and setup.
I've seen many pubs taken over by Asians but they always fully transform into restaurants.

The bit about the function room and the smell of curry though.... This story is being recounted as if its racist. I've definitely encountered issues with lingering curry smells when cooking was done without extractor fans et al.
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 04, 2020, 09:33:15 PM
Interesting article on the Desi Pubs of the Black Country:
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/inside-story-how-desi-pubs-16689424

Basically Punjabi pubs that are revived by British Indians pulling pints of bitter and serving excellent Punjabi curries.

It sounds wonderful - really hope this trend goes nationwide :o

Hasn't curry been added to 'traditional' British pub cuisine for a long time now? Here in Canada, I've been to expressly "British-style" pubs, and they generally serve curry (as well as stuff like fish and chips, Bangers, etc).

There is one in the basement of my building, has both "Karma Masala Curried Chicken" and "Traditional Shepherd's Pie" on the menu ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Oexmelin

Quote from: Malthus on January 06, 2020, 10:39:13 AM
There is one in the basement of my building, has both "Karma Masala Curried Chicken" and "Traditional Shepherd's Pie" on the menu ...

I knew you were comfortable but I didn't realize you had your own private British pub in your basement.
Que le grand cric me croque !