News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8287166.stm

QuoteFormer French President Jacques Chirac has announced that he has given away his beloved dog after it attacked him for a third time.

Sumo, a Maltese terrier, is reported to have bitten him in the stomach in their apartment in the capital, Paris.

Mr Chirac's wife, Bernadette, said the dog had been treated for depression after finding it difficult to come to terms with leaving the Elysee Palace.
:D
██████
██████
██████

Monoriu

Deep, deep inside me, I'm still waiting for the next computer with 80586 CPU, 2.88 MB floppy drive, 112k modem, and DOS 8.0. 

Josquius

Quote from: Monoriu on October 05, 2009, 05:41:59 AM
Deep, deep inside me, I'm still waiting for the next computer with 80586 CPU, 2.88 MB floppy drive, 112k modem, and DOS 8.0. 

:confused:
Eh?

Though I do really want an Amiga and/or Acorn computer....
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Hi, I dont have internet at home.

What did I miss?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Agelastus

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 05, 2009, 06:08:46 AM
Hi, I dont have internet at home.

What did I miss?

Nothing. This is Languish, remember?
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Brazen

QuoteI grew up in a college town, and one Halloween our doorbell rang and we opened the door expecting to see trickortreaters—but what was in front of our open door—was another door! Like, a full-on wooden door, that had a sign that said "Please knock." So we did, and the door swung open to reveal a bunch of college dudes dressed as really old grandmothers, curlers in their hair, etc, who proceeded to coo over our "costumes" and tell us we were "such cute trick or treaters!" One even pinched my cheek. Then THEY gave US candy, closed their door, picked it up and walked to the next house.
:lol:

Malthus

Quote from: Brazen on October 05, 2009, 10:29:57 AM
QuoteI grew up in a college town, and one Halloween our doorbell rang and we opened the door expecting to see trickortreaters—but what was in front of our open door—was another door! Like, a full-on wooden door, that had a sign that said "Please knock." So we did, and the door swung open to reveal a bunch of college dudes dressed as really old grandmothers, curlers in their hair, etc, who proceeded to coo over our "costumes" and tell us we were "such cute trick or treaters!" One even pinched my cheek. Then THEY gave US candy, closed their door, picked it up and walked to the next house.
:lol:

Heh, that's really funny - where is it from?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

"American Ride" by Toby Keith has been stuck in my head all morning. :frusty: :bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Monoriu

Quote from: Tyr on October 05, 2009, 06:02:40 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on October 05, 2009, 05:41:59 AM

:confused:
Eh?

Though I do really want an Amiga and/or Acorn computer....

Can't you imagine...waiting, waiting, and waiting for a 112k modem, dreaming how cool life will be with it...year fter year...and when you finally drum up enough courage to ask about it at the computer shop, only to get a huh? reaction...it's thee same for all the other stuff.

lustindarkness

Yahoo Popular Searches:
1. Monty Python
2. Anne Frank
3. Mahmoud Ahmadinej...

I wonder what Sav can do with that.  :D
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Razgovory

I am Unhappy.  They switched my psychologist with another useless social worker.  It would have been nice if they told me ahead of time.  Instead I am in the waiting room and some guy come up to me and introduces himself as Gary and asks if I want to come into his office.  All I did is look at him stupidly and asked, "Why?"  From such auspicious beginnings I can't imagine this going poorly.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

Quote from: Razgovory on October 05, 2009, 04:20:54 PM
I am Unhappy.  They switched my psychologist with another useless social worker.  It would have been nice if they told me ahead of time.  Instead I am in the waiting room and some guy come up to me and introduces himself as Gary and asks if I want to come into his office.  All I did is look at him stupidly and asked, "Why?"  From such auspicious beginnings I can't imagine this going poorly.
You really shouldn't post during therapy.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Josephus

He finds posting during his therapy rather therapeutic.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Last time I was at a shrink was for mandated anger therapy sessions. They made me wait 3 hours in the waiting room, which made me very angry.

And I took it out on the staff.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Heh.
There's this crappy TV show called Clever V Stupid and midway through it they decide to see how thick the public is and ask a question of ordinary people.
My sister popped up on it last night
Q: What is the Queen's name?
A: err....Elizabeth Tylor is it?
She was thinking of Elizabeth Taylor of course  :lol:
██████
██████
██████