News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Walk slowly, you don't want to get there before they get it into the body bag.

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on October 01, 2009, 03:38:33 PM
I dunno why I bother with some people.
I've helped some friends move today- and I did all the heavy work (well, me and the boyfriend of one of the set). But they're not appreciative at all.
We went for lunch at a kebab place and they didn't even offer to pay for mine <_<

I think by law they got to get you pizza and beers.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on October 01, 2009, 03:39:25 PM
From an American airlines ad:

See the many sides of Baltimore.

Art, culture, good eats - there's more to Baltimore than history.  From fantastic seafood to panoramic views to amazing architecture, there's something new to discover around every corner.

I don't want to see what I'd discover around the corner. :(

CdM, hustling a Black hooker into the trunk of his car?  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 01, 2009, 03:37:33 PM
Another map

And yet again the US expands beyond it's historical borders.

What do you have against Mexico, Tim?   :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Heh random history snippet overheard in an elevator:

'WW1 started because the trains had to run on time for mobilization. WW2 was started by men whose claim to fame was making the trains run on time".
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: Malthus on October 01, 2009, 05:05:33 PM
Heh random history snippet overheard in an elevator:

'WW1 started because the trains had to run on time for mobilization. WW2 was started by men whose claim to fame was making the trains run on time".

Brilliant
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on October 01, 2009, 04:10:51 PM
Another map

Jingoism.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Barrister on October 01, 2009, 04:10:51 PM
Another map

Nicholas Trist was a traitor.  :mad:

Polk wanted all of California, and would have preferred a border at the 25th parallel.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on October 01, 2009, 03:38:33 PM
I dunno why I bother with some people.
I've helped some friends move today- and I did all the heavy work (well, me and the boyfriend of one of the set). But they're not appreciative at all.
We went for lunch at a kebab place and they didn't even offer to pay for mine <_<

That's very lame

Korea

I want my mother fucking points!

Korea

I want my mother fucking points!

Tamas

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on October 01, 2009, 12:42:48 PM
From the parades celebrating 60 years of the PR of China.

I'll be in my bunk.

I wonder if such a unit has any military usefulness or if it is just for show.

Josquius

Dang, even UK spotify is invite only now. Everything is stopping being free. I want spotify dammit :(
██████
██████
██████

charliebear

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 30, 2009, 08:32:38 PM
The Red Dawn remake set pictures are pretty cool.

http://io9.com/5370777/red-dawn-remakes-anti+american-propaganda-posters/gallery/

It's being filmed about 15 miles from where I live.  Michigan has been trying to diversify by offering great incentives to the film industry.

I have a friend who is interested in costume design, so she has been auditioning to be an "extra" for many of these movies.  My favorite?  It's an indie film set in a post-apocolypse, ice-age, mutant world.  We kid her that she'll be Zombie #4, or some such weird thing.