News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I don't think even Yi will eat roadkill.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Agelastus

Quote from: Razgovory on October 08, 2009, 06:20:46 PM

Admittedly, one should only eat roadkill if your own car is the culprit, or you have seen the car in front commit the roadkill. Otherwise, one of course has no idea how long it has been there.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Josquius

Hey, its deer. Tasty stuff.
My neighbour was a butcher before he retired and he says he was always getting policemen coming in and asking him to butcher roadkilled deers for them.
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on October 08, 2009, 06:28:02 PM
My neighbour was a butcher before he retired and he says he was always getting policemen coming in and asking him to butcher roadkilled deers for them.

That's a bad idea.  The impact is likely to burst the bladder, colon and other innards, thus spoiling the meat.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Quote from: Barrister on October 08, 2009, 06:32:30 PM
That's a bad idea.  The impact is likely to burst the bladder, colon and other innards, thus spoiling the meat.
The legs and stuff are fine though right?
And I don't think most of these are deer that were literally rammed right through my a lorry but rather ones that were hit and staggered off before dying at the roadside.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

:yes:  Not to mention that there's no telling if the animal had some nasty illness.  Still some people do it.  Some people eat other people too.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Agelastus

Quote from: Razgovory on October 08, 2009, 07:05:24 PM

:yes:  Not to mention that there's no telling if the animal had some nasty illness.  Still some people do it.  Some people eat other people too.

That's what cooking is for, no?

Is this some cultural thing? Eating pheasants that have been roadkilled by your car (or the one in front) is perfectly acceptable where I live, and Tyr's locality obviously has no problem with it as well. Is this just "not done" in the USA? Or is this a "city v. countryside" living issue?
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

DisturbedPervert

Will they cancel an air show because of rain?  Are ear plugs recommended?   Am planning on going to see the US Air Force Thunderbirds tomorrow but have never been to one, and it's been raining often lately.

Tonitrus

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on October 08, 2009, 09:04:51 PM
Will they cancel an air show because of rain?  Are ear plugs recommended?   Am planning on going to see the US Air Force Thunderbirds tomorrow but have never been to one, and it's been raining often lately.

Pretty sure they'd only cancel if the weather creates a safety issue.  Depending on how low the clouds are, though, just means a kind crappier show.  Earplugs...meh, if you're really sensitive to noise maybe. But it should be loud.

garbon

I wish they would permanently cancel the Blue Angels show in SF and other major cities. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 08, 2009, 11:57:29 PM
Pretty sure they'd only cancel if the weather creates a safety issue.  Depending on how low the clouds are, though, just means a kind crappier show.  Earplugs...meh, if you're really sensitive to noise maybe. But it should be loud.

That's what I figured.  Completely overcast with some light rain today, hope it clears up, but oh well.  Will buy a pair of earplugs to take with me just in case.

HisMajestyBOB

Just got back from drinking after playing soccer.
And tomorrow I have to go to a wedding. Ugh.
At least it's not my wedding.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 09, 2009, 09:04:15 AM
Just got back from drinking after playing soccer.
And tomorrow I have to go to a wedding. Ugh.
At least it's not my wedding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np0solnL1XY
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

I might be spending my birthday in Paris. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on October 09, 2009, 11:05:30 AM
I might be spending my birthday in Paris. <_<

Gay Paree? What could be finer?  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius