The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Stockholm tap water is great. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 11, 2019, 09:38:32 AM
Tap water is ok here, but bottled water can be refrigerated. Water is best when it's almost ice.

You know you can fill a bottle with tap water and put it in the fridge. That was Dasani's business model, basically.  :P

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on June 11, 2019, 09:29:59 AM
Awful tap water is something that I truly take for granted, as I've been unlucky enough that all places where I've lived it's been pretty damn shitty*. I really feel green with envy for those 1st world places where you don't need to depend on buying bottled water to get by.

*New York was the sole exception.

Madrid water is fine too, you enjoyed that for a while.  ;)

Now Barcelona water...  :x :console:

Grey Fox

Montreal tap water is good. Also like Cincy, good for brewing. IIRC the Bud light people love our water.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Vienna's water comes from ca. 90-100 km away, the NE extent of the Alps in Lower Austria and Styria:

There's an English Wiki article about the first of the two pipelines: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Vienna_Mountain_Spring_Pipeline
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Love the names of those towns :wub:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

Pff, they're garbage. I mean, look at Wildalpen:

;)

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: derspiess on June 11, 2019, 10:26:55 AM
Love the names of those towns :wub:

Oh look, Derspiess loving longwinded German names from Austria :P

Tamas

When I was a teenager our family did several roadtrips to the Austrian Alps, plainly for sightseeing. We'd go and find some Zimmer Frei place for overnight stay. Waking up in some small village, looking out to those mountains from your window was amazing.

Syt

I wasn't aware that Trump and Giuliani had history back to 2000.

:wacko:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on June 11, 2019, 10:48:18 AM

What, on Earth, is that?! Is that fake?

Barrister

Quote from: Tamas on June 11, 2019, 10:59:35 AM
Quote from: Syt on June 11, 2019, 10:48:18 AM

What, on Earth, is that?! Is that fake?

Very real.  Was some kind of charity event back when Guiliani was mayor.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on June 11, 2019, 10:31:07 AM
Pff, they're garbage. I mean, look at Wildalpen:

;)

There it is, kids. My mother's land  :cry:

Dad, Grandma's from Chicago.

Shut up, Russ.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Saladin

*tapping the microphone*
Hey, is this thing on?
"You'd be better served taxing your conscience for those who deserve your regret."

Admiral Yi