And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on June 09, 2019, 11:15:07 AM
Another big apartment building on fire in London  :(

Luckily no serious injuries, though one had to question the reasoning behind bedecking the outside of tall buildings with easily flammable material.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Someone on reddit was handed this can in London.

In Vienna we'd call this "tap water." ;)

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

I hear conflicting things of Londons water. Many say it is simply not safe to drink. Others say it merely tastes weird.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on June 11, 2019, 01:15:10 AM
I hear conflicting things of Londons water. Many say it is simply not safe to drink. Others say it merely tastes weird.

:lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Richard Hakluyt

I hope you have had your cholera shots  :P

garbon

Quote from: Syt on June 11, 2019, 01:06:38 AM
Someone on reddit was handed this can in London.

In Vienna we'd call this "tap water." ;)

Apparently the thought is that aluminum cans are easier to recycle vs. plastic bottles.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Laugh all you want but tap water does taste a bit weird at times.

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on June 11, 2019, 03:57:19 AM

Especially around Broad Street.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Well I can't speak for where you live. :mellow:

And I laughed because Jos said he has heard mixed things and then repeated two negative comments. And then laughed at the notion that Jos thought noteworthy he had negative thoughts about London. :P

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on June 11, 2019, 04:49:47 AM

Especially around Broad Street.

I didn't realise but I walk by the replica pump several days a week.

The Larch

Good tap water is something that I truly take for granted, as I've been lucky enough that all places where I've lived it's been pretty good. I really feel for those 1st world places where you depend on buying bottled water to get by.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Awful tap water is something that I truly take for granted, as I've been unlucky enough that all places where I've lived it's been pretty damn shitty*. I really feel green with envy for those 1st world places where you don't need to depend on buying bottled water to get by.

*New York was the sole exception.

Eddie Teach

Tap water is ok here, but bottled water can be refrigerated. Water is best when it's almost ice.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Cincy tap water is great, and it's also great for brewing.  I just put it through a charcoal filter to get rid of the chlorine and I'm set.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall