Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on September 24, 2009, 10:27:11 PM
Quote from: Malthus on September 24, 2009, 05:34:30 PM
Over 8 hours a day - on average?

That simply can't be right. People work and sleep ...

It's for households not individuals

Well, that certainly makes more sense. Even so, it seems high to me.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DisturbedPervert

Chairman Mao's only living male heir loves his General Tso's chicken

lustindarkness

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 25, 2009, 04:14:58 AM
Also, every time you see my avatar, you should picture this:

Wish I'd stop losing my keys

Stupid POS invision won't display the animated avatar.

Thanks for the headache.  :P
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Korea

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 25, 2009, 04:09:30 AM
About 30 students at my school are confirmed to have swine flu, and of those about 20 are 10th graders, the kids I teach. So since I was feeling sick on Wednesday evening and it hasn't improve, my coteachers basically forced me to go to the hospital (my usual approach to any illness is "tough it out"). After swabbing my nose and mouth and running tests, the good news is that I don't have swine flu. The bad news is that the X-Ray revealed I have bronchitis, so they gave me an IV of some yellow, urine-looking stuff and a prescription.

I suspect this is the same illness that appeared right after I got back from Mongolia. I had gone to the hospital then to make sure I didn't have swine flu (again, at the insisting of my coteachers and boss), but they didn't do an X-Ray, so they didn't catch the bronchitis.
On the plus side, this means at least a 3 day weekend. On the minus side, I'll be feeling crappy the whole time, and I actually like my job. Plus I wanted to do things this weekend. :(
'

My boss just got the swine flu. Or so he says. Yay extra work for me! <_<
I want my mother fucking points!

Korea

Quote from: Agelastus on September 25, 2009, 07:50:02 AM
Quote from: Korea on September 24, 2009, 10:28:55 PM
Who the hell has time to watch 8 hours of television? I can't even fit in 1!

Come to think of it, the television in our living room is on continuously from around 11am in the morning to 4am the following morning when the last member of my household wakes up and goes to bed properly. However, for most of that time it is "background noise" (such as now, when I am typing on the internet and the other household member is in the kitchen.

Still, I suppose that would count as 17 hours of viewing for the stats, when it is probably closer to 3 or 4 in reality.

I see. I cant have TV as background noise because it never stays in the background. I get too distacted or extremely angered by the stupid shit that passes for television these days.
I want my mother fucking points!

Syt

Watchin ex-gov Milorad Blagojevich on Jon Stewart (long version) and he kinda confirms my impressions about Serbs and business dealings.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Agelastus

Quote from: Korea on September 25, 2009, 10:25:01 AM
I see. I cant have TV as background noise because it never stays in the background. I get too distacted or extremely angered by the stupid shit that passes for television these days.

I only have that problem when Gordon Brown's on; I can tune anything else out.

I was reminded today of when he compared himself to Heathcliff, which caused me to laugh hysterically for several minutes.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Korea on September 25, 2009, 10:22:46 AM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 25, 2009, 04:09:30 AM
About 30 students at my school are confirmed to have swine flu, and of those about 20 are 10th graders, the kids I teach. So since I was feeling sick on Wednesday evening and it hasn't improve, my coteachers basically forced me to go to the hospital (my usual approach to any illness is "tough it out"). After swabbing my nose and mouth and running tests, the good news is that I don't have swine flu. The bad news is that the X-Ray revealed I have bronchitis, so they gave me an IV of some yellow, urine-looking stuff and a prescription.

I suspect this is the same illness that appeared right after I got back from Mongolia. I had gone to the hospital then to make sure I didn't have swine flu (again, at the insisting of my coteachers and boss), but they didn't do an X-Ray, so they didn't catch the bronchitis.
On the plus side, this means at least a 3 day weekend. On the minus side, I'll be feeling crappy the whole time, and I actually like my job. Plus I wanted to do things this weekend. :(
'

My boss just got the swine flu. Or so he says. Yay extra work for me! <_<

Spread rumors that he got it from having sex with a pig.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Syt

The meeting table of the G20 summit in Pittsburgh looks like something S.P.E.C.T.R.E. would use:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

sbr

Just took a bad beat to get eliminated in a Full Tilt Poker tourney. :(

sbr

Won a $3 x 45 man tournament at Full Tilt for $60.   :yeah:

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Agelastus

Quote from: Syt on September 25, 2009, 11:57:29 PM
The meeting table of the G20 summit in Pittsburgh looks like something S.P.E.C.T.R.E. would use:

:lol:

That should make all the crazies even crazier - I'd swear I've even seen that table in an old sixties spy caper.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Neil

Quote from: Agelastus on September 26, 2009, 05:53:24 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 25, 2009, 11:57:29 PM

:lol:

That should make all the crazies even crazier - I'd swear I've even seen that table in an old sixties spy caper.
It has.  I am mirthful.  They really should have just kept to the G7.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.