And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on September 23, 2009, 01:48:13 PM
Quote from: charliebear on September 23, 2009, 11:08:58 AM
Doesn't it just figure?  Today is the first full day of Autumn, and we have an expected high of 80F.  Great for gardening, though.  I planted a few butterfly bushes this morning. 

The high humidity isn't so great.
How is today the first day of Autumn? :unsure:
Surely that was the 1st?

It's in the rules.  :contract:

I thought we woz all smart on Langwish
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

So which one of you is going to get me a free copy of Windows 7?  :hug:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Savonarola

I just received my e-mail invitation to the Detroit Historical Society preview of the museum's new exhibitions.  The e-mail was tilted "Your Invited!"  :bleeding:

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Josephus

Quote from: Savonarola on September 23, 2009, 04:44:09 PM
I just received my e-mail invitation to the Detroit Historical Society preview of the museum's new exhibitions.  The e-mail was tilted "Your Invited!"  :bleeding:

That doesn't suprise me at all. Spelling is so atrocious.

My favourite pet peeve is one you see often. "I could of done this, or I could of done that."
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

The e-mail was tilted "Your Invited!"  :bleeding:
Heist on your own pretard.

Agelastus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 23, 2009, 04:52:28 PM
The e-mail was tilted "Your Invited!"  :bleeding:
Heist on your own pretard.

:D

I like it when someone adds to my vocabulary.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

CNN has some nice new eye candy covering the Ohio (!) G20 meetings, but I can't find a photo.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 23, 2009, 05:55:09 PM
CNN has some nice new eye candy covering the Ohio (!) G20 meetings, but I can't find a photo.

When was pittsburgh annexed by the glorious state of Ohio?

Also fuck you for the (!).
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on September 23, 2009, 04:34:40 PM
So which one of you is going to get me a free copy of Windows 7?  :hug:

people that can afford apple shit can buy their own copy.

Josquius

Quote from: Agelastus on September 23, 2009, 04:26:14 PM
I refute this 100% - most people I know treat the equinox's as the start and close of seasons. The others I haven't asked.
Most people I know just leave it till the shitty weather starts.
██████
██████
██████

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 23, 2009, 06:12:56 PM

Aren't half of the population of Ohio bandwagon Steeler fans?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2009, 06:52:41 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 23, 2009, 06:12:56 PM

Depends on the part of the state. Where I live, it is split between old school Browns fans, Bungals fans, Stillers fans, and when the Colts got good with manning, a bit of those people too.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2009, 06:52:41 PM

It gets pretty ugly when you get east of Columbus.  The few Steelhead fans around here tend not to advertise the fact (except for one weekend out of the year) , for good reason :menace:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 23, 2009, 04:27:09 PM
No idea. One of the IT jockeys said that if I want one , just ask. I asked.

Ah-- I had to go through the motions of signing up to host a "Windows 7 Party" to get my copy.  So on 10/10 I get my "signature" edition of Win7 Ultimate (one license each for 32- & 64-bit) and a bunch of stupid Win7 themed napkins, paper plates, etc. :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall