News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HVC on August 14, 2017, 11:53:21 AM
England isn't what made English important, it's the us, so I don't understand that comment.

And Ireland is still in the EU.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on August 14, 2017, 11:29:25 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 14, 2017, 08:48:20 AM
Doesn't Cvjetanovic know that Slavs are untermenschen? :huh:

I have it on good authority that slavs are considered white.

:)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Iormlund

Quote from: Zanza on August 14, 2017, 11:49:49 AM
QuoteGerman minister says too many people are speaking English in Berlin

A popular German politician says too many people are speaking English in everyday life in the country.
:lol:

I guess he's never been to Mallorca.

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on August 15, 2017, 12:12:13 AM
Quote from: Jacob on August 14, 2017, 11:29:25 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 14, 2017, 08:48:20 AM
Doesn't Cvjetanovic know that Slavs are untermenschen? :huh:

I have it on good authority that slavs are considered white.

:)

You know that white slavery is considered a bad thing? Except in sex novellas.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Meanwhile, in Switzerland:

https://www.thelocal.ch/20170815/swiss-hotel-sparks-outrage-by-asking-jewish-guests-to-shower-before-swimming

QuoteSwiss hotel sparks outrage by asking Jewish guests to shower before swimming

A hotel in Arosa, in the eastern Swiss canton of Graubünden, has made international headlines for displaying signs singling out Jewish guests by asking them to shower before using the swimming pool.
The sign, displayed at the Aparthaus Paradies, was photographed by an Israeli family who were visiting the hotel, reported Swiss and international press including The Jerusalem Post.

"To our Jewish Guests. Please take a shower before you go swimming and although [sic] after swimming," it said in English. "If you break the rules, I'm forced to cloes [sic] the swimming pool for you. Thank you for understanding."

It was signed Ruth Thomann, whose name is listed on the hotel's website as the main contact.

A second sign asked Jewish guests to access the hotel fridge at set times only.

The father of the Israeli family told Israeli media that Thomann was helpful and friendly during their visit, and that they didn't address the issue of the signs because they "didn't want to start a confrontation".

However the photo has since gone viral, attracting condemnation from many, including Israel's deputy foreign minister Tzipi Hotovely, who called it "an ugly display of anti-Semitism" and told the press she had spoken to the Israeli ambassador to Switzerland about the issue.

The Local was unable to contact Thomann on Tuesday, however she has responded to the articles in Israeli press, apologizing for her "wrong words".

"I have nothing against Jews, whom we regularly receive warmly here," she told the Jewish Telegraphic Agency. "I may have selected the wrong words; the signs should have been addressed to all the guests instead of Jewish ones."

It was only the hotel's Jewish guests who went into the pool while wearing T-shirts and without showering first, she added.

Thomann said she had now removed the signs.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

In their defense they didn't let women vote for the longest time.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Is it anti-Semitic to find that story hilarious?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

It's understandable that Jews get nervous when German-speaking people try to herd them into showers.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Nobody does it like the Old Country.

Jacob

Speaking of marches and rallies, this seems like potentially poor planning: Pro-Trump "patriot" rally set for same day as Juggalo March in Washington, DC

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/08/pro-trump-patriot-rally-set-for-same-day-as-juggalo-march-in-washington-dc/

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on August 15, 2017, 03:13:34 PM
Speaking of marches and rallies, this seems like potentially poor planning: Pro-Trump "patriot" rally set for same day as Juggalo March in Washington, DC

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/08/pro-trump-patriot-rally-set-for-same-day-as-juggalo-march-in-washington-dc/

Partay!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

One is a march of demented, evil clowns, and the other is....umm....hmmm.

Malthus

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 15, 2017, 03:28:25 PM
One is a march of demented, evil clowns, and the other is....umm....hmmm.

:lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney