News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 14, 2017, 06:13:54 AM
Prople died and the President refused to condem literal Nazis. That makes it newsworthy.
Prople died!? :o  But he was in such good health the last time I saw him. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2017, 06:10:21 AM
Thanks for wasting my time with that...

For Languish, I don't have images load by default, only when I click on the box do I choose to see them, saves some time and in Timmay's case. : bleeeding:  .   

:D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

I've finally learned my lesson. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on August 14, 2017, 07:16:38 AM

For Languish, I don't have images load by default, only when I click on the box do I choose to see them, saves some time and in Timmay's case. : bleeeding:  .   

It wasn't :bleeding:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 14, 2017, 07:40:52 AM
Quote from: mongers on August 14, 2017, 07:16:38 AM

It wasn't :bleeding:

Better safe than sorry.  ;)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on August 14, 2017, 07:10:52 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 14, 2017, 06:13:54 AM
Prople died and the President refused to condem literal Nazis. That makes it newsworthy.
Prople died!? :o  But he was in such good health the last time I saw him. :(

:lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/im-not-the-angry-racist-they-see-alt-righter-became-viral-face-of-hate-in-virginia-and-now-regrets-it/

Quote'I'm not the angry racist they see': Alt-Righter became viral face of hate in Virginia — and now regrets it

A white nationalist who attends the University of Nevada, Reno says that he is not the "angry racist" that is portrayed in a viral photo of him carrying a torch at a white nationalist protest rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Peter Cvjetanovic, 20, told KTVN that he traveled from Reno to Charlottesville to protest the removal of a statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee.

The student said that he wanted to attend the rally to support the white nationalist movement.

"I came to this march for the message that white European culture has a right to be here just like every other culture," Cvjetanovic opined. "It is not perfect; there are flaws to it, of course. However I do believe that the replacement of the statue will be the slow replacement of white heritage within the United States and the people who fought and defended and built their homeland. Robert E Lee is a great example of that. He wasn't a perfect man, but I want to honor and respect what he stood for during his time."

Cvjetanovic said that he never expected the frightening photo of him to go viral.

"I did not expect the photo to be shared as much as it was," he noted. "I understand the photo has a very negative connotation. But I hope that the people sharing the photo are willing to listen that I'm not the angry racist they see in that photo."

Cvjetanovic added: "As a white nationalist, I care for all people. We all deserve a future for our children and for our culture. White nationalists aren't all hateful; we just want to preserve what we have."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

MOM! WHERE ARE MY PIZZA ROLLS?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Doesn't Cvjetanovic know that Slavs are untermenschen? :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 14, 2017, 08:48:20 AM

Maybe he's an honorary white, and that's why he isn't angry?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 14, 2017, 08:39:20 AM
MOM! WHERE ARE MY PIZZA ROLLS?

Ah, magnolias.  AND FUNYUNS

Jacob

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 14, 2017, 08:48:20 AM

I have it on good authority that slavs are considered white.

Zanza

QuoteGerman minister says too many people are speaking English in Berlin

A popular German politician says too many people are speaking English in everyday life in the country.

Jens Spahn, who some people think could replace current Chancellor Angela Merkel, is the junior finance minister.

"It drives me up the wall the way waiters in Berlin restaurants only speak English," he told a German newspaper.

He says Germans are too relaxed on the issue and that it would never happen in Paris.

Mr Spahn thinks "co-existence can only work in Germany if we all speak German" and wants all immigrants to learn the language.

Areas in Berlin like Mitte and Prenzlauer Berg are home to lots of American expats and they have restaurants and bars with staff recruited from across Europe.

That means it's not unusual to find English menus and waiters with limited German.

Speaking English is also seen as an important skill in Germany, with most children learning it as soon as they start primary school.

But the German language is increasingly turning into a political issue with a perceived threat from immigration.

The government in Germany has made it compulsory for asylum seekers to learn German and those who don't can lose their benefits and right to live there permanently.

The rule doesn't apply to EU residents though, with many people coming to Germany to look for work.

The EU has also warned that English could be dropped as an official language after Brexit as it is "losing importance".

That's according to the leader of the European Commission, Jean-Claude Juncker, who is responsible for the day to day running of the EU and bringing in new laws.

Last week, three German MPs wrote a letter to chancellor Angela Merkel and EU officials to demand that English is used less often and German more regularly.

In a letter to Mrs Merkel the three wrote: "In addition to the equal use of the German language as a working language in the bodies of the European Union and increased use in all international institutions, the German language especially needs to be thoroughly used in our own country."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/40922739/german-minister-says-too-many-people-are-speaking-english-in-berlin

:lol:

HVC

England isn't what made English important, it's the us, so I don't understand that comment.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on August 14, 2017, 11:53:21 AM
England isn't what made English important, it's the us, so I don't understand that comment.

Strange. But yeah, I like Berlin. And it is easy to get by with English.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.