And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Zanza on August 16, 2017, 11:53:09 AM
QuoteThieves steal 20 tons of Nutella and chocolate treats in Germany
The missing cargo, worth up to £64,000, also includes Kinder Surprise eggs and other chocolate treats.
:huh: What are you doing with several tons of Nutella...?

1. Fill swimming pool

2. Invite nude models

3. Profit!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Hey Beeb, I haven't heard anything about the cell phone password proposal thing in ages.  Are you willing to concede our bet at this point?

derspiess

I got to get on the tarmac and watch the Blue Angels practice in Pensacola today :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on August 16, 2017, 07:17:46 AM
It is not like she is horrible or anything, I just don't think a democratic nation should be proud of a single leader having hold of it for so long. As you pointed out, at the very least that is a worrying sign on its political class, or voters, or both.
I don't see a problem with it as long as you have strong institutions.  And if you don't have strong institutions, your democracy is kind of brittle regardless of how often you change your politicians.  I think limiting the tenure of politicians, either by tradition or by law, is treating the symptoms rather than the underlying condition.

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on August 16, 2017, 12:27:48 PM
Quote from: Zanza on August 16, 2017, 11:53:09 AM
QuoteThieves steal 20 tons of Nutella and chocolate treats in Germany
The missing cargo, worth up to £64,000, also includes Kinder Surprise eggs and other chocolate treats.
:huh: What are you doing with several tons of Nutella...?

They were last seen heading towards Alaska.
:lol:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on August 16, 2017, 05:16:30 PM
I got to get on the tarmac and watch the Blue Angels practice in Pensacola today :)

That's a long way to go to watch planes.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

I saw two black Ospreys warm up and take off today.  :)

Tonitrus

:)

https://www.defense.gov/News/Transcripts/Transcript-View/Article/1276693/remarks-by-secretary-mattis-at-a-troop-event-in-naval-base-kitsap-washington/utm_source/Sailthru/utm_medium/email/?utm_campaign=New%20Campaign&utm_term=%2ASituation%20Report

QuoteSo thanks for sticking with the Navy.  For those on your first -- (inaudible) -- you can get out the Navy after -- (inaudible).  You'll still miss it.  You'll miss it like the dickens, and you'll be changed for the better for the rest of your life.  So you'll never regret, but you will have some of the best days of your life and some of the worst days of your life in the U.S. Navy, you know what I mean?  That says -- that means you're living.  That means you're living.  That means you're not some pussy sitting on the sidelines, you know what I mean, kind of sitting there saying, "Well, I should have done something with my life."  Because of what you're doing now, you're not going to be laying on a shrink's couch when you're 45 years old, say "What the hell did I do with my life?"  Why? Because you served others; you served something bigger than you. 

Syt

Stolen from Twitter:

Quotewhy did the smaller ant start being violent?

the taller ant left

:bleeding:  :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Heading off to exotic Georgia for my niece's wedding.  :)

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 17, 2017, 08:46:29 AM
Heading off to exotic Georgia for my niece's wedding.  :)

Great. Now you've got me thinking of the hot chick in Savannah.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach