And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Maladict

Apparently this year's Giro will have a prize (and points) for fastest descent.  :wacko:

alfred russel

Quote from: Maladict on May 01, 2017, 04:18:16 PM
Apparently this year's Giro will have a prize (and points) for fastest descent.  :wacko:

Ueli Steck will be tough to beat in this category.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Monoriu

Quote from: alfred russel on May 01, 2017, 04:23:19 PM
Quote from: Maladict on May 01, 2017, 04:18:16 PM

Ueli Steck will be tough to beat in this category.

:lol:

Syt

25 years ago today the Siege of Sarajevo began.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

181 years ago today Anne Boleyn was arrested for capital inconvenience.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

Quote from: grumbler on May 02, 2017, 08:47:06 AM

:hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

Interesting (at least to me) article on the poetry of Chinese Migrant workers: http://lithub.com/the-chinese-factory-workers-who-write-poems-on-their-phones/

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on May 02, 2017, 08:48:26 AM
Quote from: grumbler on May 02, 2017, 08:47:06 AM

:hmm:

Julian calender  :P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

I had to order a new Ps4. The last one died valiantly when shoved off a shelf by vengeful children. Or an idiot housekeeper.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

I've been thinking that while there are tons of songs performed by men that mention a chick by name, I can't think of a single chick song that mentions a dude by name.

Perhaps this is reflective of a deeper truth?  Perhaps dudes fall in love with individuals and chicks fall in love with types?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 02, 2017, 08:28:10 PM
I've been thinking that while there are tons of songs performed by men that mention a chick by name, I can't think of a single chick song that mentions a dude by name.

Perhaps this is reflective of a deeper truth?  Perhaps dudes fall in love with individuals and chicks fall in love with types?

Deep, man.

Oh, Micky, you're so fine.  You're so fine, you blow my mind.

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Yeah, but it kinda dovetails into your premise;  it's bubblegum pop alright, but not really a love song.