And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: alfred russel on December 16, 2016, 08:38:33 PM
Quote from: Jacob on December 16, 2016, 10:20:13 AM
You think Donald Trump cries at those movies except the last one?

What are those movies? I recognize Titanic; struggling with the rest.

Crap that real men shouldn't watch.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: alfred russel on December 16, 2016, 08:38:33 PM
What are those movies? I recognize Titanic; struggling with the rest.

#3 is Twilight: Vampire Dryhump

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 16, 2016, 04:33:26 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 15, 2016, 09:36:10 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 15, 2016, 08:18:45 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 13, 2016, 04:08:55 PM
Thanks to the snow, the ice underneath the snow, keeping my head down to try to match my footfalls to preexisting footprints, and the top third of my field of vision obscured by my cap, I just ran directly into an electric company call box--or, anyway, whatever the fuck those metal boxes are that stick out from lightposts.  Minimal upward grade, so I was probably traveling a little less than nine miles an hour.  Welt the size of a salami stacked five or six slices high on my forehead now.  Turned me horizontal and I must've clipped my shoulder on it too.

Bet it looked really hilarious, though.  I need a new pair of icy weather shoes.

You got away with it, but you should have seen a doctor. Head injuries like that can cause bleeding under the skull that will kill you.

You're not really wrong in principle, but I don't think I hit it that hard.
9 miles per hour is more than hard enough.

Tim, not only are your statements incredibly wrong on an epic scale, you are now arguing with Ide about an injury that:
a) he has direct first hand knowledge of, while you were half a world away,
b) time has proven wasn't serious,
c) involves running and an active lifestyle.

If people went to the ER everytime they got a welt on their head, we would have more poverty, more doctors driving 7 series BMWs rather than 5 series, longer waits at the ER, and not much improvement in patient outcomes.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Ide, if you are running 9mph for significant distances, that is freaking awesome.  :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

Second season of the Man in the High Castle is out.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadBurgerMaker

Grey Fox

Quote from: Razgovory on December 16, 2016, 10:35:36 PM

Share?

Altho, since last monday, Amazon Prime video is actually available in Canada.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 17, 2016, 04:23:28 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 16, 2016, 10:35:36 PM

Share?

Altho, since last monday, Amazon Prime video is actually available in Canada.

I just watched it on Amazon Prime.  Also I posted this in the wrong thread.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Josquius

Quote from: Barrister on December 16, 2016, 06:00:36 PM
Quote from: Tyr on December 16, 2016, 04:28:05 PM
So I want to buy a hybrid laptop.
Stupid to do so before xmas right ?

Do they do Boxing Day sales in Switzerland?  Might make sense to wait a week or so.
I'm in the uk.
Boxing day sales are a thing but I'm not sure to what extent they apply to decent laprops.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Elon Musk ‏@elonmusk  19h19 hours ago
I am actually going to do this

Elon Musk ‏@elonmusk  21h21 hours ago
Boring, it's what we do

Elon Musk ‏@elonmusk  21h21 hours ago
It shall be called "The Boring Company"

Elon Musk ‏@elonmusk  22h22 hours ago
Traffic is driving me nuts. Am going to build a tunnel boring machine and just start digging...

I like the way Elon Musk thinks, but will tunnels actually help traffic?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Tunneling below a city is a nightmare for the subway, with all the sewage, utilities, building foundations, etc... Building high capacity thoroughfares below urban grid is going to be even harder and expensive, plus not that useful imho.

Razgovory

CountDeMoney

QuoteGermany's 'Rent a Jew' Project Aims to Fight Anti-Semitism

MAINZ, Germany — Do you wish you knew a Jew? If so, you can now rent one.

That is the attention-grabbing idea behind a project that aims to promote cultural understanding and dialogue by offering face-to-face encounters with Jews living in Germany.

"We wanted to loosen things up a bit and remove reservations right from the start," said 32-year old Alexander Rasumny, one of the initiative's organizers.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

If you'll follow this officer right up that wooden plank, please.  Yes, that's right, it's our mobile office.