News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

I too tasted of the government cheese. Not exactly a neighborhood of privilege back then. But Little Caesar's is still gross. Not as bad as Cici's.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 15, 2016, 08:18:45 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 13, 2016, 04:08:55 PM
Thanks to the snow, the ice underneath the snow, keeping my head down to try to match my footfalls to preexisting footprints, and the top third of my field of vision obscured by my cap, I just ran directly into an electric company call box--or, anyway, whatever the fuck those metal boxes are that stick out from lightposts.  Minimal upward grade, so I was probably traveling a little less than nine miles an hour.  Welt the size of a salami stacked five or six slices high on my forehead now.  Turned me horizontal and I must've clipped my shoulder on it too.

Bet it looked really hilarious, though.  I need a new pair of icy weather shoes.

You got away with it, but you should have seen a doctor. Head injuries like that can cause bleeding under the skull that will kill you.

You're not really wrong in principle, but I don't think I hit it that hard.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 15, 2016, 09:33:28 PM
I too tasted of the government cheese. Not exactly a neighborhood of privilege back then. But Little Caesar's is still gross. Not as bad as Cici's.

My mom made some fantastic Mac and cheese from the gub'mint cheese and pasta shells.

If we could afford hamburger meat...LUXURY!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Share of foreigners in Austria (green line: share of foreigners in Vienna):

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on December 15, 2016, 09:36:10 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 15, 2016, 08:18:45 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 13, 2016, 04:08:55 PM
Thanks to the snow, the ice underneath the snow, keeping my head down to try to match my footfalls to preexisting footprints, and the top third of my field of vision obscured by my cap, I just ran directly into an electric company call box--or, anyway, whatever the fuck those metal boxes are that stick out from lightposts.  Minimal upward grade, so I was probably traveling a little less than nine miles an hour.  Welt the size of a salami stacked five or six slices high on my forehead now.  Turned me horizontal and I must've clipped my shoulder on it too.

Bet it looked really hilarious, though.  I need a new pair of icy weather shoes.

You got away with it, but you should have seen a doctor. Head injuries like that can cause bleeding under the skull that will kill you.

You're not really wrong in principle, but I don't think I hit it that hard.
9 miles per hour is more than hard enough.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Jacob

You think Donald Trump cries at those movies except the last one?

Eddie Teach

He cried during Titanic because the rich guy lost his girl.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

He didnt like the last one because honour won out in the end.

CountDeMoney

I think he is psychologically incapable of such basic forms of human empathy.

Josquius

So I want to buy a hybrid laptop.
Stupid to do so before xmas right ?
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on December 16, 2016, 04:28:05 PM
So I want to buy a hybrid laptop.
Stupid to do so before xmas right ?

Do they do Boxing Day sales in Switzerland?  Might make sense to wait a week or so.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

alfred russel

Quote from: Jacob on December 16, 2016, 10:20:13 AM
You think Donald Trump cries at those movies except the last one?

What are those movies? I recognize Titanic; struggling with the rest.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014