And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: 11B4V on December 14, 2016, 08:12:01 PM
Minor technical difficulties today

:hmm: Judging from what I can see in these two pictures, it looks pretty serious.

Ed Anger

I'm sure the navy cop was getting donuts at the time.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

After a successful test in Pittsburgh, Uber started up some driverless cars in SF today. One of them ran a red light and now all hell is coming down on them.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 14, 2016, 09:20:44 PM

Actually he was taking it to the dealer for a recall repair. :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

crazy canuck

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 14, 2016, 09:33:02 PM
After a successful test in Pittsburgh, Uber started up some driverless cars in SF today. One of them ran a red light and now all hell is coming down on them.

emulating real Uber drivers?

CountDeMoney

Those 15mph speed bumps come out of nowhere.

11B4V

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 14, 2016, 08:53:08 PM
Is Chevy using Samsung coil packs?

Let's see, last week I gave the Region bean counter an aneurysm by putting studded tires on 10 patrol cars at a $1000 a pop. This week melting down a $50000 Tahoe, he's probably stroked out face down on his desk.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: 11B4V on December 14, 2016, 09:48:53 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 14, 2016, 08:53:08 PM
Is Chevy using Samsung coil packs?

Let's see, last week I gave the Region bean counter an aneurysm by putting studded tires on 10 patrol cars at a $1000 a pop. This week melting down a $50000 Tahoe, he's probably stroked out face down on his desk.

Oh and the week before the tires a drunk plowed into the rear of one of my patrol cars. That was $8000 in damage, but they'll get the guys insurance to pay that.

Valmy

The TM Landry prep school celebrations that are going around facebook are pretty hard to get my head around. I mean are these kids for real? That is one hell of a culture they got there.

Do they all start sobbing uncontrollably when somebody DOESN'T get accepted?

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

What's a TM Landry prep school?

Liep

http://radio.garden/

This is brilliant, tune into live Radios around the world by scrolling the globe.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on December 15, 2016, 12:44:46 PM
What's a TM Landry prep school?

It is a school that has these crazy celebration videos when their seniors get accepted to Ivy League schools that are spreading across facebook. One of them went viral and has millions of views.

https://www.facebook.com/TM-Landry-College-Prep-124813660950236/

Considering it is in Louisiana, I bet Tulane is not amused :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: 11B4V on December 14, 2016, 09:37:33 PM

Actually he was taking it to the dealer for a recall repair. :lol:

WTF happened to the car? It looks like the engine went off like a bomb.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on December 15, 2016, 12:47:59 PM
Considering it is in Louisiana, I bet Tulane is not amused :P

That was their safety school.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

US is accelerating troop deployments to Poland. Mart is making his WILL SUK STRYKER BRIGADE COCK FOR POTATO sign.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive