News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

They must have used a really big bottle.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on October 13, 2016, 04:47:26 PM
2017 Beach Volleyball World Championships will be in Vienna: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezr8YKPwTl8

Because we're so well known for our beaches. :lol:

This is like that awful mess known as Paris plages (beaches), courtesy of the Parisian taxpayer.  :bleeding: Maybe beach volley for the next Olympics in Paris.

Syt

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on October 14, 2016, 03:46:33 AM
Quote from: Syt on October 13, 2016, 04:47:26 PM
2017 Beach Volleyball World Championships will be in Vienna: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezr8YKPwTl8

Because we're so well known for our beaches. :lol:

This is like that awful mess known as Paris plages (beaches), courtesy of the Parisian taxpayer.  :bleeding: Maybe beach volley for the next Olympics in Paris.

Herrmann's Standbar has been around for ages. In recent summers, a multitude of summer bars and entertainments have sprung up along the Danube Canal that separates 1st and 2nd districts. They're really popular for after work drinks/food. Tel Aviv Beach is especially popular, run by the Molcho family which does modern Israeli cuisine: http://neni.at/en/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

So our crown prince fractured his spine in a trampoline accident. He's 48. Time to stop running iron man and other useless stuff in order to look cool and start practicing saying just two coherent lines without going off on a tangent.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Quote from: Syt on October 01, 2016, 01:37:00 AM
It's 8:30 am and someone is practicing on the transverse flute.   :glare:

It's nice to come home to your nice, quiet home and find a note on your staircase that this Sunday, 11 am, one of the neighbors is inviting everyone to a matinee concert with 3 classical guitars in our little inner courtyard (you know, between the parked cars and garbage bins). :rolleyes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

When I lived in NYC, one of my neighbors was a girl that studied violin at the Manhattan Music School. Whenever I came back to my apartment, I would hear her practice over and over and over and over and over and over. Does it sound romantic? Well, IT WASN'T.

CountDeMoney

Syt

:lol:

My upstairs neighbor is a law student who also plays the cello in an orchestra. She practices (and sometimes the piano), but fortunately these old buildings block a lot of noise between the different floors. :D
—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on October 14, 2016, 11:17:15 AM
Quote from: Syt on October 01, 2016, 01:37:00 AM
It's 8:30 am and someone is practicing on the transverse flute.   :glare:

It's nice to come home to your nice, quiet home and find a note on your staircase that this Sunday, 11 am, one of the neighbors is inviting everyone to a matinee concert with 3 classical guitars in our little inner courtyard (you know, between the parked cars and garbage bins). :rolleyes:

I can see you're missing the 10. Bezirk balkan technopop already. :)

CountDeMoney

My downstairs neighbor is a single mother who constantly practices the phrase, "Mommy be back soon," over and over and over.

Syt

If you want to drive OCD neighbors insane:

—Stephen Jay Gould

grumbler

This was probably posted before (it's from 2012) but, if so, ignore:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=VIs00QjiJZQ

Why are the Finns so creative?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Liep

Quote from: grumbler on October 14, 2016, 06:04:37 PM

Nice. :thumbsup:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

The US has banned Samsung Galaxy Note 7's from being carried on planes, or stowed in luggage.  Seems they can blow up.  Samsung has stopped production, is offering $100 discount coupons, and has taken a 2.3 BEELION dollar write off.

The Brain

Quote from: grumbler on October 14, 2016, 06:04:37 PM

Hadn't seen it before. Cool. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.