News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Legos and army men.  Always fun to step on in the middle of the night.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Oh, I don't know;  I remember the morning my Dad stepped right in the dog's fresh morning steamer in his bare feet.

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 11, 2016, 08:22:14 PM
I just stepped on one of my son's army men. SONOFABITCH THAT HURTS

I was one of those goose stepping Germans from the Guns of Navarone Playset, right?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on October 11, 2016, 09:17:04 PM

I was one of those goose stepping Germans from the Guns of Navarone Playset, right?

:lol:

Seedy is gonna seethe.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

<looks at election thread>

Can North Korea please kidnap Tim?

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: PDH on October 11, 2016, 09:17:04 PM

MAH CHILDHOOD

My brother always got to be the Germans. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

Swiss trains - never on time unless I'm a few seconds late.
Had the doors just close in front of me :(
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Going down on Oxford Street right now. I get the feeling that Viper would pee his pants to see so many hijabs in one place.

#moderatemuslimsspeakingout

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on October 12, 2016, 09:04:08 AM
Going down on Oxford Street right now. I get the feeling that Viper would pee his pants to see so many hijabs in one place.

Shia Islam?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on October 12, 2016, 09:10:12 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 12, 2016, 09:04:08 AM

Shia Islam?

Yeah, I would guess as such as I believe that's Ali.

Looked up that campaign and appears to be the case.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Wait they are talking about Hussain, as in the grandson of big Mo there?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on October 12, 2016, 11:03:22 AM

So the moderate Muslims are akin to moderate Christians walking with a "Saint Paul is justice, no to injustice!" sign?

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on October 12, 2016, 11:15:02 AM
Quote from: Valmy on October 12, 2016, 11:03:22 AM

So the moderate Muslims are akin to moderate Christians walking with a "Saint Paul is justice, no to injustice!" sign?

Yeah something like that. I thought maybe somebody named Hussain just did something particularly admirable but I think what prompted the march was the anniversary of the Battle of Karbala.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

The dude replacing the coil in my heat pump sure is complaining a lot.  I'll return the favor when I see the bill.