And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on July 22, 2011, 01:37:26 PM
Just applied to a fucking Walgreen's.  I am soooo glad I continued my studies.  Nothing spells contentedness like someone with post-graduate education working for ten bucks an hour with people barely able to read and write, for people who had their first abortion in 9th grade.  Actually, you know what else spells contentedness?  C-U-N-T.

OK, somebody is really doing something wrong here. And I don't think it's the Walgreen's employees.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on July 22, 2011, 02:14:41 PM
I think I might be doing something wrong with the DoL jobs, though.  They want you to upload your college transcripts, right, but they only allow one file.  So I just uploaded a copied version of my unofficial law transcript, but maybe they want a .pdf of my official one?  Or do they want a compiled .pdf of both my transcripts?  It's a little asinine, anyway, since believe it or not, I could fake a college transcript, and having me upload a document is no more confirmation I actually went to a school than me just stating "I went to such-and-such school."

OK, first thing:  it takes an average of 18+ months to matriculate successfully through the Federal job process.  And you don't know you've made it until you receive a call from them out of the middle of nowhere roughly two years from now, when you've probably moved on to something you're happy with.

Second thing: you do know that no human eyes actually read your job apps through usajobs.gov or any other Federal job portal, right?  The sheer thousands of job applications the government receives daily results in computer software scanning your documentation and your knowledge, skills and attributes entries to look for hook words that align with the job description.  If you don't have X number of positive hits from your KSA to the job description, the software rejects you.

There's an art to this.

Ideologue

No, that makes sense, and what I expected.  I haven't bothered applying to any jobs I'm not qualified for, to be sure.

I wonder how the system parses the "additional information" sections on the resume, though.  Is that the "hook word"/key word search you mentioned?

QuoteOK, somebody is really doing something wrong here. And I don't think it's the Walgreen's employees.

Of that there is little doubt. <_<
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

I suggest Ide apply at Barnes and Nobles.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

QuoteJust applied to a fucking Walgreen's.  I am soooo glad I continued my studies.  Nothing spells contentedness like someone with post-graduate education working for ten bucks an hour with people barely able to read and write, for people who had their first abortion in 9th grade.  Actually, you know what else spells contentedness?  C-U-N-T.
Good luck with that.
Being over qualified for jobs sucks. I failed to get much work at all in the last year.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Slargos

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 23, 2011, 08:55:21 AM
I don't need no warrant motherfucker!

Charming
http://newsjunkiepost.com/2011/07/21/arizona-police-officer-executes-man-for-telling-him-a-warrant-is-needed/

QuoteArizona Police Officer Executes Man For Telling Him A Warrant Is Needed

:lmfao:

Yeah. I'm sure that's all there is to it.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Slargos on July 23, 2011, 09:00:21 AM

Charming
http://newsjunkiepost.com/2011/07/21/arizona-police-officer-executes-man-for-telling-him-a-warrant-is-needed/

That's what his partner alleged.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Slargos

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 23, 2011, 09:01:13 AM
Quote from: Slargos on July 23, 2011, 09:00:21 AM

Charming

That's what his partner alleged.

Considering the chain of escalation went stun-gun>kill dog>kill dude I'm having a hard time believing it.

I have no problem believing this was murder, technically, but I would expect the victim to have incited the situation.

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on July 22, 2011, 09:19:06 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 22, 2011, 07:41:51 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 22, 2011, 07:30:10 PM
They sailed around the horn of Africa on their way to Tsushima?  Why would they sail into the Red Sea?
Part of the fleet went through the Suez, although most of them went around the Cape of Good Hope.
Ah, I thought they all had to go around Africa.  Why did the Brits lets some go through but not others?
The Russians were worried that the British would either attack their fleet or trap it in the canal, so the main body, with all the newer battleships, sailed the long way around.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Slargos

A reasonable fear. The only less trustworthy people than the Russians are of course the British.

Tamas

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 21, 2011, 09:23:59 PM
This guy is a true fan.  :lol:

http://youtu.be/iQwppPeiD2k

NSFW language - but only if your workplace speaks Spanish.

awesome!  :lol:

Neil

Quote from: Tyr on July 23, 2011, 09:15:27 AM
Would we have?
Almost certainly not, but the Russians were pretty paranoid.  Remember that the battlefleet attacked some fishing boats in the North Sea because they thought they were torpedo boats based out of Britain.  Britain wasn't looking to go to war with Russia over something that petty.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.