Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Ed Anger

QuoteAnd you thought trading a kidney for an iPad was final.

Solidifying the notion that citizens of China would do just about anything for an Apple product, the Biznewschina reports that a Guangdong teenage girl is offering up her virginity in exchange for an iPhone 4.

Strange. You don't hear about that sorta thing with a BlackBerry.

Posting a message on Weibo -- a Chinese equivalent to Twitter -- the young lady confessed her desire for Apple's shiny device. Unfortunately, her father refuses to buy her one. So, rather than get a job or save up for an Android, she decided to give up her only worldly possession: her sexual purity. The girl posted a photo of herself alongside a message saying she's willing to sell her virginity to anyone with a couple hundred Yuan.

HEY GI JOE! TWO DOLLA! WE GO BOOM BOOM!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

I loathe OpenOffice. What a pile of shit.

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2011, 12:00:38 PM

But it is open source!!!111 You can recompile it to do whatever you want, and you don't give one cent to M$!!!111

:opensourcetard:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Openoffice is own by oracle now.

The Open source is now called Libre Office.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on July 19, 2011, 12:04:53 PM

But it is open source!!!111 You can recompile it to do whatever you want, and you don't give one cent to M$!!!111

:opensourcetard:

Heh. That reminds me of the IT tards years ago made a stink about wanting to replace all the OS's to a Linux distro. They were told rightly to STFU and go back in the basement and play Unreal Tournament until some cow opened a attachment and infected the network.

Grey Fox

I think that letting them play with the Servers OS keeps them busy long enough that they don't annoy you with retarded prosition to turn the secretaries computer into Debian distribution.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 19, 2011, 12:13:34 PM
I think that letting them play with the Servers OS keeps them busy long enough that they don't annoy you with retarded prosition to turn the secretaries computer into Debian distribution.

We let them play D&D and have LAN tournaments while the big kids upstairs did all the real work.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

I like its WP program better than Word, which these days is really fucked up.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2011, 12:16:34 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 19, 2011, 12:13:34 PM

We let them play D&D and have LAN tournaments while the big kids upstairs did all the real work.

I guess the IT guy here just feels lonely.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on July 19, 2011, 12:26:22 PM

I like its WP program better than Word, which these days is really fucked up.

I need Powerpoint, as my clients tend to be stupid fucks and don't read the reports I lovingly write about their fucked up companies. So I give them a shiny PowerPoint presentation.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on July 18, 2011, 06:47:38 PM
Am I getting really, really old, or has FDIC limit been 10,000 some time ago?  Or was it 100,000?

:lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

I just got some compaign literature (and a request for a donation) from Ron Paul.  Strangely enough it came in a Rand Paul envelope.

Sharing stationary or abusing the frank? :hmm:

MadImmortalMan

Borders are closing all their stores for good. eBook revolution I guess.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers