And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

:lol:

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 19, 2011, 04:42:08 PM
Borders are closing all their stores for good. eBook revolution I guess.
Wow, thought they were doing OK over there? They shut down here years ago.
Not so much e-book revolution IMO as amazon revolution. They've been suffering with the lower internet prices for years.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 19, 2011, 02:59:00 PM
I just got some compaign literature (and a request for a donation) from Ron Paul.  Strangely enough it came in a Rand Paul envelope.

Sharing stationary or abusing the frank? :hmm:

Is that something that everyone in Iowa gets, or did they single you out as crazy for some reason?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Apparently MSNBC is hiring Al Sharpton as an anchor.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 21, 2011, 01:42:16 PM

:lol: I thought when they deep sixed Keith they were trimming their sales but maybe not.

Cindy Sheehan would be a good fit too.

Neil

Has Obama made things so difficult for race-baiters that Sharpton has had to get a real job?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 21, 2011, 02:03:59 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 21, 2011, 01:42:16 PM

:lol: I thought when they deep sixed Keith they were trimming their sales but maybe not.

Cindy Sheehan would be a good fit too.

Al Sharpton has proven to be an erudite and compelling television host.  :mad:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 21, 2011, 02:32:18 PM
Al Sharpton has proven to be an erudite and compelling television host.  :mad:

Oh yeah, that fake Indian ex-professor is probably free too.

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 21, 2011, 08:52:01 AM
This one is for Ide. A 4.5 billion dollar gold plated yacht.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/holiday-ideas/bn-gold-plated-superyacht-the-history-supreme-wows/story-e6frfqf9-1226098872900

:)

The author of the article's opinion on anything is made suspect by this sentence:

QuoteThe vessel even outshines Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich's $450 million yacht Eclipse, which has its own missile defence system and a submarine.

No, I'm pretty sure I could have a lot more fun with yacht that has missiles than the yacht that's really heavy.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

http://www.news.com.au/travel/holiday-ideas/bn-gold-plated-superyacht-the-history-supreme-wows/story-e6frfqf9-1226098872900

50 Tons of gold and plantinum! :o

Also I laughed at the "anonymous businessman" line, there's probably only 10 men in the world who could afford that.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on July 21, 2011, 02:35:03 PM

The author of the article's opinion on anything is made suspect by this sentence:

QuoteThe vessel even outshines Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich's $450 million yacht Eclipse, which has its own missile defence system and a submarine.

No, I'm pretty sure I could have a lot more fun with yacht that has missiles than the yacht that's really heavy.

For a Russian Oligarch, a missile defense system isn't a luxury, it's a good investment.  You'll always have to worry about the chance that Putin will want you to contribute your fortune for the good of Russia/Putin.  Not that I'm implying he made the money honestly.  Show me a successful Russian business man and I'll show you a crook.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

FunkMonk

This guy is a true fan.  :lol:

http://youtu.be/iQwppPeiD2k

NSFW language - but only if your workplace speaks Spanish.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This was the picture on CNN's front page.  You know, he looks kinda like that old Ferengi guy from Deep Space 9.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us