News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Norgy on July 27, 2024, 07:53:51 AMDon't think I was ever called a brat. Manwhore, moron, idiot, drunkard, loser. Can we make those into positives too now?

The future is female
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Oh my. I shouldn't have missed those muliptle chances to see Springsteen in London over the previous decade. What a show last night.

celedhring

Quote from: Tamas on July 28, 2024, 05:39:50 AMOh my. I shouldn't have missed those muliptle chances to see Springsteen in London over the previous decade. What a show last night.

Saw him in Barcelona a few weeks ago. It was magnificent. So much energy at that age. Usually whenever I go to a show from these old dinosaurs it's a bit sad because the age shows and the performance is rather lethargic and carried by the background musicians, not him though. He still owns the stage.

Syt

Saw a post of r/wien this morning about a guy asking for recommendations for accommodation for three days in early August, and asking why all offers he sees are so expensive.

People pointed out that his dates are identical with the 3 concert dates for Taylor Swift in Vienna. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on July 28, 2024, 05:44:34 AM
Quote from: Tamas on July 28, 2024, 05:39:50 AMOh my. I shouldn't have missed those muliptle chances to see Springsteen in London over the previous decade. What a show last night.

Saw him in Barcelona a few weeks ago. It was magnificent. So much energy at that age. Usually whenever I go to a show from these old dinosaurs it's a bit sad because the age shows and the performance is rather lethargic and carried by the background musicians, not him though. He still owns the stage.

Always partly reluctant when it comes to seeing aged artists who had their heyday 20 years or more ago. Then again, some of the best concerts I've seen were New Model Army and Billy Idol around 2010. Not to mention 2 acts at Donauinselfest (they were free, so no risk) - Kim Wilde, and - feel free to laugh - Goombay Dance Band. The singer was belting his classics (Sun of Jamaica, Seven Tears etc.) ... and still had it. And singing live (seen plenty artists there doing playback) as well.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on July 28, 2024, 05:55:47 AMAlways partly reluctant when it comes to seeing aged artists who had their heyday 20 years or more ago. Then again, some of the best concerts I've seen were New Model Army and Billy Idol around 2010. Not to mention 2 acts at Donauinselfest (they were free, so no risk) - Kim Wilde, and - feel free to laugh - Goombay Dance Band. The singer was belting his classics (Sun of Jamaica, Seven Tears etc.) ... and still had it. And singing live (seen plenty artists there doing playback) as well.
Saw the Pet Shop Boys and it was fine - but then they've always been carried by backing bands/dancers and are not known for energetic stage performances :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

HVC

Lawful neutral unless (until :P ) I lose the clip, then chaotic neutral. Now with the paper clips it's becoming more often.

*Edit* using a elastic band isn't neutral, that's just crazy.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

Varies. Lawful Neutral or Neutral Evil.

A more important question is if you put it in the fridge or not.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Lawful good. Though it was only really properly effective for a few weeks after buying then the seal stopped fitting together right. It does still make a difference though.
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

Josquius

I've never encountered someone who puts bread in the fridge.
Freezer though yes.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

If you're freezing bread you're buying too much bread :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

Quote from: Josquius on July 29, 2024, 01:37:54 AMI've never encountered someone who puts bread in the fridge.
Freezer though yes.

Try it. Keeps a lot better in the fridge. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring