News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on April 24, 2023, 11:04:03 AMVery terse and short. Interesting.

I guess the Daily Wire will have a new show soon.

QuoteRien ne se perd, rien ne se crée, tout se transforme.
:P

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 24, 2023, 11:02:17 AMCan only suspect he wasn't willing to move in the way Fox need to after that settlement - ie there's less appetite for going in hard on massively defamatory conspiracy theories that you know are bullshit.

It would be delightful if his ratings had been falling, but this is probably it.

Wonder if Trumpist opposition to Ukraine will fall with his departure.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 24, 2023, 11:40:16 AMWonder if Trumpist opposition to Ukraine will fall with his departure.

Depends on whether he was sucking Putin's dick because he enjoyed it, or because he was told to do it by Faux Snooze execs.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

He can start an odd couple News program with Don Lemon
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Oexmelin

Quote from: HVC on April 24, 2023, 03:38:22 PMHe can start an odd couple News program with Don Lemon

Tucker Matthau and Don Lemon.
Que le grand cric me croque !

celedhring

CNN firing Lemon the same day as Tucker Carlson got axed by Fox felt incredibly sneaky.  :lol:

Also, it's gotten to the point where nowadays my "mental picture" of Murdoch is Brian Cox.  :blush:

celedhring

So, the Obamas have traveled to Barcelona to watch Springsteen - the same show I have tickets for.  :ph34r:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: celedhring on April 25, 2023, 08:04:03 AMSo, the Obamas have traveled to Barcelona to watch Springsteen - the same show I have tickets for.  :ph34r:

How cool.  :)

I'd be interested ex post to know how the security was handled.

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on April 25, 2023, 01:13:22 AMCNN firing Lemon the same day as Tucker Carlson got axed by Fox felt incredibly sneaky.  :lol:
The only thing I knew about Don Lemon was that clip about how Nikki Haley (51) shouldn't make comments about Biden or Trump's age because she's "past her prime" :bleeding:

QuoteAlso, it's gotten to the point where nowadays my "mental picture" of Murdoch is Brian Cox.  :blush:
Don't know if you read it but the Vanity Fair piece on Murdoch and his succession was outstanding. Including the detail that his divorce settlement with Jerry Hall included a clause preventing her from giving stories to TV shows (like Succession. Or that his, until very recently, fiancee was a massive Tucker Carlson fan. She apparently told people that she thought he was "a messenger from God".

Apparently this was too mental even for Murdoch. Some are pointing out that by firing Carlson, Murdoch is also shutting down his ex's favourite show :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: celedhring on April 25, 2023, 01:13:22 AMCNN firing Lemon the same day as Tucker Carlson got axed by Fox felt incredibly sneaky.  :lol:
Also, it's gotten to the point where nowadays my "mental picture" of Murdoch is Brian Cox.  :blush:

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

celedhring

Spielberg and Kate Capshaw will also be attending, which actually excites me more than the Obamas  :lol:

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 25, 2023, 03:04:10 PM
Quote from: celedhring on April 25, 2023, 08:04:03 AMSo, the Obamas have traveled to Barcelona to watch Springsteen - the same show I have tickets for.  :ph34r:

How cool.  :)

I'd be interested ex post to know how the security was handled.

Security is usually pretty tight in these events already - every bag is searched, can't enter while visibly drunk, etc... - I'd be surprised if they add anything to the usual protocol. They said there will be a cop presence (it's usually only private security) but I guess that's about it. I'll be on the lookout for the SS :D

Now, this could be great a setup for a Die-Hard-in-a-rock-arena movie, we don't get Die-Hard-in-something action flicks anymore  :( 

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Today I learned that the  Chinese for Ukraine is 烏克蘭. 

The 蘭 is common in a lot of countries as it sounds similar to land. The 烏克 part is their attempt at 'Ukraine'. Yes Ukraine is Ukraineland in Chinese.

The Ukraine part...it literally means Darkness Overcoming.

So Ukraine is the Darkness Overcoming Land.
Seems relevant.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Not quite random Spanish person decides to restore local treasure, but I slightly question who thought giving kids crayons would be a good idea :lol:
QuoteThe New York Times
@nytimes
Bright blue crayon marks were found on a statue that is more than two centuries old at a conservation site in England after crayons were handed out to children at the property, officials said. The statue and a memorial were defaced this month. https://nyti.ms/426YijL
Let's bomb Russia!