News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

A no brainer for me. Ham is nice but replaceable.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

You can. You can also replace sex with masturbation.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on September 05, 2020, 10:03:02 AM

Ham isn't that exciting, but okay.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

I'm definitely on the side of cheese.

Syt

Canadians ... can't even sign on the correct line of important documents.  :rolleyes:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on September 05, 2020, 10:16:43 AM
Quote from: celedhring on September 05, 2020, 10:03:02 AM

Ham isn't that exciting, but okay.

Ham may not be ... but what about cheese?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 05, 2020, 11:26:30 AM
Do you eat ham, Malthus?

With pleasure.

Only, in the context of this discussion, it should be pointed out -  not with *that* much pleasure. 😉
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Are we talking prosciutto, or brine cured ham here?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

celedhring

There's a rich relationship between ham and sexual innuendo in Spanish culture. I won't get into details except that for starters a hot woman is called a "jamona" (she-ham).  :lol:

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on September 05, 2020, 11:33:08 AM
Are we talking prosciutto, or brine cured ham here?
Jamon - one of Spain's greatest gifts to the world :wub: :mmm:

But I would choose cheese.

In terms of Sophie's choices in food this is up there with which carb would you keep.
Let's bomb Russia!

Oexmelin

Quote from: celedhring on September 05, 2020, 11:35:59 AM
There's a rich relationship between ham and sexual innuendo in Spanish culture. I won't get into details except that for starters a hot woman is called a "jamona" (she-ham).  :lol:

It's the case in most European cultures, and has been for a very long time. The pig is associated with lascivious (i.e., sinful) sex.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Malthus

Does this speak more of the Spanish love of ham, or of Spanish men's taste in women?  :hmm:

Sheilbh

Jamon Jamon springs to mind too :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Quote from: Malthus on September 05, 2020, 11:39:27 AM

Does this speak more of the Spanish love of ham, or of Spanish men's taste in women?  :hmm:

Indeed, it's supposed to mean that the woman's legs are as yummy as a leg of ibérico ham.