Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

"England Metropolitan Area" :blink: :hmm:

I've seen this for big US cities and assume it's partly a job-searching thing but....England is probably a little too big for that :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

England is leaving the Union? :hmm:

Would Scotland still want to leave if it was just them, Wales, and Northern Ireland?  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2020, 02:11:44 PM
England is leaving the Union? :hmm:

Would Scotland still want to leave if it was just them, Wales, and Northern Ireland?  :P
Dal Riata will rise again! :w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Logging it it looks like they don't want London, UK anymore. I've three options:
South & West Hampstead, England
London, England
and that aforementioned one
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on September 03, 2020, 08:48:23 AM
Border states are like that.  I would say part of Kentucky is solidly North/Midwest, and part of it definitely South.

I'd say Kentucky is part of the south and Missouri is part of the Midwest.

Sal, I like Larch's suggestion too.  Avoid Alabama and Mississippi.

Barrister

"the South" to me means the states of the Confederacy.  Which means Kentucky aint part of the south.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

"The South" means non-Vikings. Weaklings with poorly guarded gold.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

PDH

"The South" is Los Angeles, a loathsome pit of vileness and evil.

Kentucky to Californians is "Back east somewhere"
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

merithyn

Quote from: The Larch on September 03, 2020, 04:51:16 AM
Take care, Sal. :hug:

That road trip sounds like really great fun, but foreigners driving around the South...  :ph34r:  Be careful with rural sheriffs!

They'll be fine. It's honestly not as bad as people claim down there. I mean, out-of-towner stops happen more often than they should, but it's not like the movies.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on September 03, 2020, 04:24:24 PM
Quote from: The Larch on September 03, 2020, 04:51:16 AM
Take care, Sal. :hug:

That road trip sounds like really great fun, but foreigners driving around the South...  :ph34r:  Be careful with rural sheriffs!

They'll be fine. It's honestly not as bad as people claim down there. I mean, out-of-towner stops happen more often than they should, but it's not like the movies.

At least not anymore. My grandparents used to drive out from Okieland to see my uncle in Miami during the 1960s and their stories of how unwelcome they were driving through the South were amazing. A threatening glower and a terse inquiry on how long they intended to stay was the usual response whenever they stopped for any reason. Two middle aged white people with Oklahoma plates were being mistaken for freedom riders I guess.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on September 03, 2020, 02:44:21 PM
"the South" to me means the states of the Confederacy.  Which means Kentucky aint part of the south.
Surely the men of the Orphan Brigade would have disagreed with you. :sleep:

I would guess the Confederate government of Kentucky would have as well, though they spent most of the war in exile in Tennessee.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

The Confederate Government was a bunch of illegitimate posers whose authority only extended as far as General Bragg's soldiers' bayonets (which wasn't very far).

And the men of the Louisville Legion made sure of it -_-

West Virginia and Kentucky are not southern states no matter how much they want to be sometimes.

Saladin

Thanks for all the tips!

And for the potential Civil War hijack.  :D
"You'd be better served taxing your conscience for those who deserve your regret."

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2020, 10:33:27 AM
Quote from: Oexmelin on September 03, 2020, 10:28:56 AM
Quote from: The Larch on September 03, 2020, 10:16:10 AM
The route or the eating?  :lol:

Yes.

Good answer!

Louisiana has the best food in the union, IMO.

I do like southern cuisine (I wish Spanish US-themed restaurants weren't so overwhelmingly "burger & steaks" cliched), but I find some of the things they do to seafood rather objectionable   :hmm:

Anyway, best food in the union is probably the Italian/Japanese restaurants in large cities  :P