News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saladin

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 03, 2019, 02:00:22 AM
No offense homey, but as far as sucky ass jobs go that sounds pretty lame.

Non taken, there are other things I can't share with you here that are affecting me too.
But I think it's mostly the homesickness that's getting to me.
And that I don't like city I had to relocate to.
"You'd be better served taxing your conscience for those who deserve your regret."

The Brain

Quote from: Saladin on July 03, 2019, 01:42:00 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on July 02, 2019, 01:37:11 PM
Quote from: Saladin on July 02, 2019, 02:22:33 AM
It kind of sucks when your dream job turns out to be
kind of crappy.

Do you mind elaborating? What was it that turned out to be crappy?

Well, to cut the story shortish.

They hired me because I have a particular set of skills and that they wanted somone based in the south of Sweden. The plan was for me to relocate to their head office a couple of months and then move back home and work very independently.

But now I'm only performing tasks I'm ill equipped for with minimal backing, the thing they hired me for is not even on the backburner, the move back home has been pushed back to "maybe" in late 2020 and a micromanaging boss.

So, I'm really homesick and don't really see a future where I'm allowed to work independently with the things I'm good at.

You dream oddly.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

kind of crappy.

They hired me because I have a particular set of skills and that they wanted somone based in the south of Sweden. The plan was for me to relocate to their head office a couple of months and then move back home and work very independently.

But now I'm only performing tasks I'm ill equipped for with minimal backing, the thing they hired me for is not even on the backburner, the move back home has been pushed back to "maybe" in late 2020 and a micromanaging boss.

So, I'm really homesick and don't really see a future where I'm allowed to work independently with the things I'm good at.

So it is not the dream job that turned out to be crappy.  It is that you did not get the job you were hired to do.

The Larch

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 03, 2019, 11:03:31 AM
kind of crappy.

So it is not the dream job that turned out to be crappy.  It is that you did not get the job you were hired to do.

Yeah, they changed unilaterally what your job would be about, and went back on the agreement of independent working and relocating back to your hometown. I totally understand being frustrated about it.

PDH

Nightmares count as dreams so if the job gets worse you are right back in the fold.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Saladin

@crazy canuck
@The Larch

Yeah, frustrating is a better word for it. I'll see how I'm feeling after my vacation, I'll be spending some time back home.

@PDH
You should start making an own brand of motivational posters.  ;)
"You'd be better served taxing your conscience for those who deserve your regret."

Tamas

Quote from: Saladin on July 04, 2019, 01:47:17 AM
@crazy canuck
@The Larch

Yeah, frustrating is a better word for it. I'll see how I'm feeling after my vacation, I'll be spending some time back home.

@PDH

Quite clearly you have been duped and they lied to you to get you to accept the job. If you can prove this I'd assume Sweden has worker protection laws robust enough to leave them with some hefty compensation, even?

But in general, you just need to get out. There is no reason to think your boss isn't a major scumbag, so things will definitely not improve.

PDH

Quote from: Saladin on July 04, 2019, 01:47:17 AM
@PDH

I would, but I can't seem to work up the enthusiasm for it.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Josquius

I recently handed in my notice for my job.
Remember they need you as much as you need them.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on July 04, 2019, 05:50:19 PM

Real or a ploy on your part to get better conditions/renunciation?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

False.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

I mean...it depends on the circumstances doesn't it? How easy are you to replace and how many options do you have?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Sounds like they were really bending over backwards to offer special conditions when hiring so he must have some in demand skills.

Quote from: mongers on July 04, 2019, 06:17:15 PM

Either way.
Though less better renumeration and more stop treating me like shit.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on July 05, 2019, 10:42:20 AM
Sounds like they were really bending over backwards to offer special conditions when hiring so he must have some in demand skills.

Quote from: mongers on July 04, 2019, 06:17:15 PM

Either way.
Though less better renumeration and more stop treating me like shit.

Yeah relatively good position to be in,  not being especially bother what happens.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"