News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Why didn't they continue it into Trump?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on June 26, 2019, 11:56:00 AM

I suggest you direct the question to IAmNotScottBakula :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Pity they didn't draft Melania for Discovery.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on June 26, 2019, 12:01:35 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 26, 2019, 11:56:00 AM

I suggest you direct the question to IAmNotScottBakula :)

I have a reddit account :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

I have trouble believing that any Republican was likely to win the Illinois senate seat in 2004.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

IIRC Alan Keyes ultimately ran on the Republican ticket in that election.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

So I guess if I am wondering if I smell weed, it's not weed?

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

dps

Quote from: Barrister on June 26, 2019, 01:20:40 PM
I have trouble believing that any Republican was likely to win the Illinois senate seat in 2004.

It was an open seat that had been held by a Republican.  Not sure why a Republican couldn't have won it again.

DGuller

Quote from: dps on June 26, 2019, 05:17:10 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 26, 2019, 01:20:40 PM

It was an open seat that had been held by a Republican.  Not sure why a Republican couldn't have won it again.
One reason could be why that seat was vacant in the first place.  The Republican that did hold it was too moderate on some issues, and by 2004 that was not tolerated.  Obviously such an atmosphere would make it very hard for a Republican to be reasonable enough for Illinois and yet unreasonable enough for GOP.

Syt

Vienna is a tad morbid sometimes. The military museum has a room dedicated to the assassination of Franz Ferdinand. It has the car (with bullet holes), the weapons, the bloody uniform, the couch on which he died etc.

Today I saw a tweet where they advertise that till 15th July you can also see the shirt he wore when he was assassinated. :D

—Stephen Jay Gould

alfred russel

We saw that room together. :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Threviel

That room is the most awesome thing I have experienced in a museum, I didn't expect it and didn't even know about it. I knew how the car looked thanks to History Line, which I played to death, so the few seconds of thought process before I understood what car it was just blew me away.