News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 11, 2019, 08:11:10 AM
Jet fighters flying over Paris making noise. Yes, July 14th military parade is soon.

:cool:

The West needs more authentic military parades.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

Quote from: HVC on July 11, 2019, 06:10:21 AM
Maybe if they did that here the trains wouldn't always be delayed :D

Official reaction from the city's public transport company was basically "well yeah but he was drunk so it's ok"

Syt

Quote from: mongers on July 11, 2019, 09:35:21 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 11, 2019, 08:11:10 AM
Jet fighters flying over Paris making noise. Yes, July 14th military parade is soon.

:cool:

The West needs more authentic military parades.  :)

Ok, Trump. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Threviel

Quote from: Tamas on July 11, 2019, 09:54:10 AM
Quote from: HVC on July 11, 2019, 06:10:21 AM
Maybe if they did that here the trains wouldn't always be delayed :D

Official reaction from the city's public transport company was basically "well yeah but he was drunk so it's ok"

To be fair almost the exact same thing happened to me in high school, we witnessed a passed out drunk pissing himself on a bus and being dragged out into the snow by the driver. No one cared one bit for he drunk and we had no cameras. We laughed at the shy guy having to step over the drunk though.

Malthus

Quote from: Threviel on July 11, 2019, 03:51:59 PM

To be fair almost the exact same thing happened to me in high school, we witnessed a passed out drunk pissing himself on a bus and being dragged out into the snow by the driver. No one cared one bit for he drunk and we had no cameras. We laughed at the shy guy having to step over the drunk though.

Into the snow? Wouldn't that be a death sentence for a passed out drunk?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on July 11, 2019, 04:05:42 PM
Quote from: Threviel on July 11, 2019, 03:51:59 PM

Into the snow? Wouldn't that be a death sentence for a passed out drunk?  :hmm:

There have been multiple reports out of Saskatoon that police would take drunks (usually native) and dump them on the outskirts of town late at night.  And yes a few deaths resulted.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

A bus driver I understand.
But that's literally the opposite of the police's job :blink:
██████
██████
██████

Threviel

Not Canadian snow, a pile of snow in the center of a middling Swedish city, perhaps it was even above freezing and lots of people around. I don't know what happened to the guy.

Barrister

Quote from: Threviel on July 11, 2019, 04:39:52 PM
Not Canadian snow, a pile of snow in the center of a middling Swedish city, perhaps it was even above freezing and lots of people around. I don't know what happened to the guy.

We have a different kind of snow here?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Threviel

I meant that it was not -40 degrees, snow storm and roaming polar bears.

Edit: It happened in '97 or '98, I don't really remember all details.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on July 11, 2019, 04:12:50 PM

There have been multiple reports out of Saskatoon that police would take drunks (usually native) and dump them on the outskirts of town late at night.  And yes a few deaths resulted.
When working on a show that never made it to air, we were covering cold cases in Nome, AK. We heard reports that Nome police use to take drunk natives and drop them off at end of road system. Along with the 2003 arrest and conviction of a Police officer murdering a young Native woman the Police have been fighting to repair reputation amongst the community (Nome is 75% native)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

Anyone going to start a 50th anniversary of the Moon landing thread?

I don't think I can strike the right tone, and it was be nice to see an 'enthusiastic' American start it.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Surely the only appropriate tone is one of despair whether we will ever get back to where we were 50 years ago.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Geez mongers, you are such a veg sometimes. Either celebrate something you think is worth celebrating or lament the decline of the American spirit.  There's no right answer here.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tyr on July 12, 2019, 03:29:18 AM
Surely the only appropriate tone is one of despair whether we will ever get back to where we were 50 years ago.

You forgot the now ubiquitous moon landing hoaxer claiming it was all part of a conspiracy.