News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Saw a video about that just the other day. The cringe is huge.
Apparently she's merely the leading light of a whole genre.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Meh, we always had circus freaks. Now you just don't have to wait for them to visit your village once a year.

Syt

My apartment connects in a 90 degree angle to my left hand neighbor's. For some reason he leaves books in front of the window where I can read the title. Recently he had Schopenhauer's "The World as Will and Representation." This has now been replaced by Whitehead and Russel's "Principia Mathematica."

Starting to feel a bit self conscious when I read trashy fantasy books. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Quote from: Syt on July 12, 2019, 01:23:12 PM
My apartment connects in a 90 degree angle to my left hand neighbor's. For some reason he leaves books in front of the window where I can read the title. Recently he had Schopenhauer's "The World as Will and Representation." This has now been replaced by Whitehead and Russel's "Principia Mathematica."

Your neighbour is the one who should feel self-conscious, leaving those books out where people can see them.

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on July 12, 2019, 01:23:12 PM

Heh they are probably just covers, and inside the "Principa Mathematica" is "Bodice Rippers, Volume 2"  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josquius

Fucj.
I think I made a drunken text mistake.
Girlfriend just said.

Stop texting me about dogs.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on July 12, 2019, 05:02:41 PM
Fucj.
I think I made a drunken text mistake.
Girlfriend just said.

Stop texting me about dogs.

If I had a dollar...
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Every political discussion on the internet will reach a point where this video becomes relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvgZtdmyKlI

:lol:
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Tyr on July 13, 2019, 04:59:50 AM
Every political discussion on the internet will reach a point where this video becomes relevant:

I had never seen that one.  That's very good!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Legbiter

The ethnic German breeding program one is spicy as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAm72W-_Lq0
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Syt

It's made the rounds on German social media for a while. I'm pleased that the English closed captions are good.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

celedhring

Quote from: celedhring on July 12, 2019, 07:14:57 AM
Got tickets for King Crimson tomorrow. :)

I checked the setlist online, and unlike last time they came to Barcelona in the 1990s, this time they do have a fanservice-ish setlist.

Just came back from this. I had kinda given up on ever being able to see King Crimson* live playing classic King Crimson stuff, so this was great. The live version of Starless was an absolute delight. Also for no apparent reason they now carry 3 drummers.

*Since now it's pretty much Fripp + randoms, this is approaching "ship of Theseus" status, but I'll take it.

mongers

Quote from: celedhring on July 13, 2019, 07:43:03 PM
Quote from: celedhring on July 12, 2019, 07:14:57 AM
Got tickets for King Crimson tomorrow. :)

I checked the setlist online, and unlike last time they came to Barcelona in the 1990s, this time they do have a fanservice-ish setlist.

Just came back from this. I had kinda given up on ever being able to see King Crimson* live playing classic King Crimson stuff, so this was great. The live version of Starless was an absolute delight. Also for no apparent reason they now carry 3 drummers.

*Since now it's pretty much Fripp + randoms, this is approaching "ship of Theseus" status, but I'll take it.

:cool:

A friend of mine saw this incarnation recently and thought that was awesome.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

They played a drum "solo" (since they were all 3) at the beginning of the second set that was great. But I thought that in some songs they tended to drown out the rest of the band. In particular in their more recent stuff (which I don't give much of a shit about, so I didn't care).

But yeah, I had a great time. Brought my mom to it, since she used to sing me "In the Court of the Krimson King" when I was a child, so I got some mother-son quality bonding time as a bonus.