And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 15, 2019, 02:49:22 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on April 15, 2019, 02:35:58 PM
Really wish Trump hadn't put his dick into this one too.

At least he didn't make some dumb ass comment about the US college football team.

I missed this post originally. Deeply apologize for any offense. The situations are not comparable, as Notre Dame was definitely not on fire against Clemson.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

crazy canuck

Quote from: dps on April 15, 2019, 06:36:13 PM
Quote from: Caliga on April 15, 2019, 05:24:39 PM
There are some folks who (I presume) are jokingly Francophobic on here. :contract:

Actually, I was thinking about some of the stridently anti-religious folks.

Well there was going to be at least one idiot.  Please see the post immediately above this one.

Habbaku

Quote from: DGuller on April 15, 2019, 05:49:54 PM
Quote from: dps on April 15, 2019, 05:18:48 PM
I'm actually surprised that some posters here aren't expressing glee at the fire.
I think we've outgrown that phase at least five years ago, just as it went viral on the rest of the Internet.  Now we squabble about retirement savings.

I'll show you retirement savings!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Quote from: Oexmelin on April 15, 2019, 04:51:05 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 15, 2019, 03:49:43 PM
How embarrassing that they had to address that.

To be fair (!?), many Frenchmen, who are used to seeing footage of flying water tankers to fight forest fires in Southern France, were asking the same question.

Are forest fires common in France?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Oexmelin

Somewhat. They are routine enough, even if much less of a problem than in California. In 2017, 30,000 acres went up in smoke.
Que le grand cric me croque !

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on April 15, 2019, 08:51:52 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on April 15, 2019, 04:51:05 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 15, 2019, 03:49:43 PM
How embarrassing that they had to address that.

To be fair (!?), many Frenchmen, who are used to seeing footage of flying water tankers to fight forest fires in Southern France, were asking the same question.

Are forest fires common in France?

Common enough for them to have bought Canadair planes from Canada iirc.

edit:
yes they've a dozen of the more modern ones:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardier_415#Operators
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: dps on April 15, 2019, 06:36:13 PM
Quote from: Caliga on April 15, 2019, 05:24:39 PM
There are some folks who (I presume) are jokingly Francophobic on here. :contract:

Actually, I was thinking about some of the stridently anti-religious folks.

We may have anti-religious folks but they are still history nerds for the most part.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Maladict

Grey Fox

I just tore up my contact lense by blinking.

My eyelid is Hulk.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 16, 2019, 08:51:21 AM

My eyelid is Hulk.

Hopefully it was the daily disposable type.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: derspiess on April 16, 2019, 09:13:38 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 16, 2019, 08:51:21 AM

My eyelid is Hulk.

Hopefully it was the daily disposable type.

Not even, monthlies that were open yesterday.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Ouch.  My monthlies never lasted me more than 2-3 weeks, so I went to daily disposables.

HVC

Had a biweekly split during an interview once. Thought I was having a stroke for a split second :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

Reasons why I will never wear contacts.
Too many images of that scene at the start of star trek first contact
██████
██████
██████