And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 15, 2019, 01:13:43 PM
Arson?

Perhaps connected to ongoing renovations, but obviously with the building still on fire there's been no time for an autopsy.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Awful.  How could this happen??
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

That is just too upsetting for words :weep:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Legbiter

Man, the French can't catch a break these days.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Syt

QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
So horrible to watch the massive fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Perhaps flying water tankers could be used to put it out. Must act quickly!
7:39 PM · Apr 15, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

Yes, let's drop tons of water on an ancient structure that's already not in best shape.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Isn't much of the present look 19th century? My understanding is that at least it's not a lot of medieval stuff going up in flames.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Legbiter

Quote from: The Brain on April 15, 2019, 01:37:51 PM
Isn't much of the present look 19th century? My understanding is that at least it's not a lot of medieval stuff going up in flames.

Yeah the Beeb mentioned the last major repairs done on the cathedral were in the 19th century. The bishop of Paris had been seeking around a 100 million euros to do the work that needed to be done.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

alfred russel

Worst moment for Notre Dame since lining up to play Clemson in the playoff.  :cry:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Maladict

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on April 15, 2019, 01:30:19 PM
QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
So horrible to watch the massive fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Perhaps flying water tankers could be used to put it out. Must act quickly!
7:39 PM · Apr 15, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

Yes, let's drop tons of water on an ancient structure that's already not in best shape.
'must act quickly'

Really, genius? :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Habbaku

Really wish Trump hadn't put his dick into this one too.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

derspiess

He's only trying to help!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: Habbaku on April 15, 2019, 02:35:58 PM
Really wish Trump hadn't put his dick into this one too.

At least he didn't make some dumb ass comment about the US college football team.