News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

It's not free, no. Covered by my insurance tho.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Well, it won't be too bad, I hope. :(  The important thing is the little one is all right.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Black kitty decided to visit again this morning. Considering the weather, I feel like punching its owner in the face.

I made him a spot in the sun room and put Drut's emergency litter box in there.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

You're a good man.  A better man would let the owner next door know what-fer.

Sheilbh

Part 341 in why I will never own my own house :weep:

:bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

:) glad to hear she's doing well, GF
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 25, 2014, 12:38:12 PM

That is completely fucked up.  How you people even managed to let it get that bad, I dunno. 

No homes available, no construction going on, and 4 flatmates (lulz, "flatmates") to every apartment.   You know, the only thing separating London from Soweto is a lack of corrugated metal.

The Brain

Not everyone can be Detroit.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 25, 2014, 12:38:12 PM

:bleeding:

Well I guess I'm glad the US is in last place on this one. Anyhoo what the fuck is wrong with the UK, Sheilbh?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on January 25, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
Well I guess I'm glad the US is in last place on this one. Anyhoo what the fuck is wrong with the UK, Sheilbh?

It's that whole "Sprawl Costs Us All" meme on a national level, where the pastures and countryside must remain austere and English, combined with the whole tradition of British elitism. 

As I was telling my man Buskers, can't have the Dickensian groundlings rubbing elbows within sight of Dyrham Park or Highclere, what what.

MadImmortalMan

And the attitude against building high buildings probably.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josquius

Its just ridiculous how the poor gullibly buy into the land owners efforts to stop tall buildings.

My computer has developed an oddity. Double clicking video links no longer plays them, instead I must open the media player and drag and drop/open file. Its weird. And annoying.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on January 25, 2014, 06:40:40 PM
Its just ridiculous how the poor gullibly buy into the land owners efforts to stop tall buildings.

Who are you talking about? People in charge of zoning permits are probably pretty well off.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

I am bored out of my mind.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive