And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: fhdz on January 26, 2014, 02:03:25 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 26, 2014, 12:43:43 PM
You know what kind of employer asks for 13 years' experience on a job description?   A dickhead, that's who.  That's simply just being a dick.

What's the position, CEO? Jesus fuck.

Here's another one, albeit more defined.

QuoteThis position requires a minimum of fifteen years experience, of which at least eight years must be specialized. Specialized experience includes: project development from inception to deployment, expertise in the management and control of funds and resources using complex reporting mechanisms, demonstrated capability in managing multi-task contracts and/or subcontracts of various types and complexity. General experience includes increasing responsibilities in information systems and/or management

·         With a Masters degree (in the fields described in section II above): thirteen years general experience, of which at least seven years specialized experience is required.

·         With a Ph.D. (in the fields described in section II above), twelve years general experience, of which at least six years must be specialized experience.

·         The individual must also have documented experience managing a project staff of more than twelve persons, the majority of whom have a technical background and perform information security-related tasks.

13...12...7...what is this, Christological numerology? 

POSITION REPORTS TO :
THEODOR OF MOPSUESTIA
HOME OFFICE, ANTIOCH

Ideologue

Seriously, I do assume this is some kind of super-senior managerial position.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

It's called a "Mid Manager" position. 

I'd hate to see what Sr Assoc VP would look like.  Yikes.

alfred russel

Probably the candidate they have already decided to give the job to has 13 years experience.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on January 26, 2014, 02:44:04 PM
Seriously, I do assume this is some kind of super-senior managerial position.

What with credential inflation these days, it's probably for the position of assistant janitor.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

In an article in the NYT on "the myth of America's manufacturing resurgence," Steven Rattner (Obama's Car Tsar) claims that German autoworkers make $67 an hour.

Surely that can't be right, can it?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 26, 2014, 06:37:59 PM
In an article in the NYT on "the myth of America's manufacturing resurgence," Steven Rattner (Obama's Car Tsar) claims that German autoworkers make $67 an hour.

Surely that can't be right, can it?

Forbes:  How Germany Builds Twice As Many Cars As The U.S. While Paying Its Workers Twice As Much.  You won't like it, though;  it references Remapping Debate.

Damned unions are going to be the end of Germany.

Ideologue

Quotethe average auto worker in Germany made $67.14 per hour in salary in benefits

Hey, Money, where's the outrage?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on January 26, 2014, 06:48:52 PM
Quotethe average auto worker in Germany made $67.14 per hour in salary in benefits

Hey, Money, where's the outrage?

I've got my own problems.

Ideologue

So do we, apparently.

QuoteAt Volkswagen's Chattanooga plant, the nonunionized new employees get $14.50 an hour, which rises to $19.50 after three years.

Wow.  I always assumed it started at $18 or so--they go through temp agencies iirc--and was around $25 once you became a perm.
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Oops, I read that as the Greer BMW plant.  Maybe $14.50 goes further in WV.
Kinemalogue

Admiral Yi

Eddie Teach

I suspect those jobs are easier than they used to be.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 26, 2014, 07:00:21 PM
Chattanooga, WV? :hmm:

TN. -_-

Are unripened bananas poison?  They taste like poison.
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive