And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: Razgovory on October 17, 2011, 11:22:24 PM
Believe me, I would like to be.

Does it have anything to do with Neil himself or are you just wanting a break from yourself?

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Brazen

What the hell have these guys come as?

QuoteIranian soldiers march during the annual military parade on September 22, 2011 in front of the mausoleum of the Iran's late leader Ayatollah Khomeini in Tehran,Iran. The parade marks the beginning of the 1980-1988 war between Iran and Iraq. UPI/Maryam Rahmanian

Read more: http://www.upi.com/News_Photos/Features/2011-Iran-Defense-Week/5682/?spt=rcc&or=si#ixzz1b8HwnL18

garbon

Quote from: Neil on October 17, 2011, 11:20:04 PM
Meh.  I don't really interact with them much.  You should be more like me.

I doubt Raz is really interacting with them.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Email today from someone who wants me to review her book:

I live in Canada sins 1976 and know hardships that newcomers have to go through. If you find a time please send me reply what you thought about it good or bad. I would appreciate input; it is my first attempt to write professionally. Thank you for your time and looking forward to your reply.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

MadImmortalMan

TOTUS has been stolen.

We are: without leadership.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

:lol:

Also I like how McCain bashed Obama for using a Canadian bus. Ridiculous.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

QuoteTired of being dumped on, rail workers strike

Railway workers at Zurich's main station downed tools on Monday in protest at the contents of train toilets being dumped on them while they are working on tracks.

Many trains are still equipped with older toilets which empty directly on to the tracks. The installation of plastic plates – designed to protect track workers – have not been 100 per cent successful in protecting workers from unwanted showers.

Swiss Federal Railways said on Monday it had announced measures to solve the problem, following an initial revolt by workers last week.

A spokesperson for the workers' union said the measures had not been enacted, leading to workers striking on Monday afternoon.

From Tuesday, train personnel will close the toilets in question before the train enters Zurich main station.

The building site affected by the problem will now remain closed until Friday, it was announced on Tuesday. By then additional measures should have been undertaken
If there was ever a good reason to strike, it's this.

DGuller

I guess those workers aren't going to take shit from anyone.

The Brain

QuoteMany trains are still equipped with older toilets which empty directly on to the tracks.

WTF haven't seen those since the 80s. Swissfail.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

All New Jersey Transit trains have those kinds of toilets.  They double as air fresheners.

Zanza

Quote from: The Brain on October 18, 2011, 03:28:31 PM
QuoteMany trains are still equipped with older toilets which empty directly on to the tracks.

WTF haven't seen those since the 80s. Swissfail.
We had them in the 90s still, but I think I haven't seen that for at least a decade or so now.

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on October 18, 2011, 03:40:30 PM
All New Jersey Transit trains have those kinds of toilets.  They double as air fresheners.

:lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on October 18, 2011, 07:38:26 AM
Quote from: Neil on October 17, 2011, 11:20:04 PM
Meh.  I don't really interact with them much.  You should be more like me.

I doubt Raz is really interacting with them.

I have in the past.  I was forced to watch several "Buffy" episodes.  Bleh.  The space cowboy show was okay.  I only saw the first episode though.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: sbr on October 18, 2011, 12:42:49 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 17, 2011, 11:22:24 PM
Believe me, I would like to be.

Does it have anything to do with Neil himself or are you just wanting a break from yourself?

Latter.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017