News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Lettow77

Was in a no-count small town on the Kentucky border this evening. In a room of about 18 people, there were, and I do not exaggerate, four wall-eyed characters who could not focus their eyes.

Furthermore, one of them had a..wrongness about his manner. There were many Kentucky characters there- including every wall eyed person. There is inbreeding in these wastes.

Returning to Martin felt like civilization, for the first time. I long for my beautiful river city.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Grinning_Colossus

Some sort of Sons of the South meeting?
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Lettow77

Hurr durr hurr, no, it was a magic the gathering tournament, of all things.

I wouldn't proscribe the people to the kind of event, though: such things are perfectly civilized in the likes of Jackson, TN. But in this troubled border town we got Kentuckians, which are several degrees worse even than the local rube.

Tamas

http://peterlbrandt.com/random-ramblings-of-a-mad-man/

Good post by this trader guy.

Skip to the "miscallenous" section for the non-technical analysis stuff. I find him making roughly the same ramblings I am prone to make.

Razgovory

I'm in the midst of developing a new form of Augury.  Take a shopping cart, roll it down a hill in the parking lot and decipher the future by which car it hits.  Hit say, a Red Nissan and perhaps there will be war in East Asia.  Or maybe you will fall in love with a Japanese chick.  I haven't worked out the details yet.  I think this has a lot of potential.  I think I'll call it carruspicy or something like that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Lettow77 on October 02, 2011, 01:13:20 AM
Hurr durr hurr, no, it was a magic the gathering tournament, of all things.
:rolleyes: THAT was the problem... not the fact that it was in Kentucky.  My brother used to go to those and he said the same thing about ones in Philadelphia and New Jersey.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Grr, I hate magic the gathering and all those other silly card games. Half of the machines in the big arcade I found were bloody card game machines.
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

Too much thinking involved for you, eh?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Lettow77

The man's not wrong. It's why I quit playing. Of course, hustling rubes and selling the prizes won allowed me to leave that evening with more money than I walked in with.

Languish helped me, sort of, with my assignment: I just submitted the outline for the speech on katawa shoujo. we'll see how it goes- languish will be treated to the final version and its reception.

Neil

I had an awesome Magic deck in the early 90s.  Stasis-Kismet lock FTW.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

I don't know what katawa shoujo means.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Katawa, no idea, but I do know what shoujo means, and I'd like to point out that I'm completely 100% right about our student loan program.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Lettow77

Neil, Katawa Shoujo is just crippled girls- you remember the speech about disabilities and how they can be appealing additions to a lady's character?

It's that one.
Katawa Shoujo is also the name of the most anticipated game of the year for me, coincidentally.