Dutch Muslim Students Resist Holocaust Education

Started by jimmy olsen, April 07, 2015, 12:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Interesting tidbits from the ADL site.  Iran is less antisemitic then Greece and Turkey, and it's probably the least antisemitic Muslim state.  S. Korea has an absurdly high rate of antisemitism at 53%.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on April 08, 2015, 08:52:55 PM
S. Korea has an absurdly high rate of antisemitism at 53%.

Obviously Tim's influence at work.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

I'm surprised people let Raz troll them so well.  :lol:

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on April 09, 2015, 12:08:11 AM

You don't get off the hook on antisemitism now that you have Muslims hanging around.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Martinus

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on April 09, 2015, 01:03:04 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 09, 2015, 12:08:11 AM

You don't get off the hook on antisemitism now that you have Muslims hanging around.

Martinus is not anti-semite. He is anti-religious.
That's why he hates me, for my jewish religion, not because of my jewish ethnicity.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on April 08, 2015, 08:52:55 PM
Interesting tidbits from the ADL site.  Iran is less antisemitic then Greece and Turkey, and it's probably the least antisemitic Muslim state.  S. Korea has an absurdly high rate of antisemitism at 53%.

53%?
Is this true?
I don't believe anything that comes out of your mouth, even if it's dripping.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Admiral Yi

You could always click his link you fucking meathead.

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 08, 2015, 04:35:04 PM
Quote from: Tyr on April 08, 2015, 04:25:36 PM
Anti semitic doesn't mean agreeing with a few loaded questions about whether Jews have a lot of power in business.

AFAICT the questions were not asking whether Jews have a lot of power (which is after all just an empirical question) but rather if they have too much power.
It wouldn't necessarily be anti-semitic to agree with that. Its a pretty commonly repeated moan the world over that well connected rich old white dudes (of which Jews do make up a rather disproportionately large chunk) have too much power.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on April 09, 2015, 08:03:47 PM
It wouldn't necessarily be anti-semitic to agree with that. Its a pretty commonly repeated moan the world over that well connected rich old white dudes (of which Jews do make up a rather disproportionately large chunk) have too much power.

What kind of survey questions would you be happy with?

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 09, 2015, 08:06:13 PM
What kind of survey questions would you be happy with?
Is it right to shout "Gazan baby murderers!" when you see someone wearing a kippah? Are Jews bad people?  Should Jewish cemeteries be vandalised?
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Are you familiar with the concept of a false negative Squeeze?

Josquius

Don't patronize me.

Far more relevant here is false positives. Looking at the link that was posted... Many of the questions are leading (consider that people are naturally inclined to agree in such situations too....) and worded in such a way to mean some Jewish people rather than all Jews.

Looking at the results..
Even in japan they have marked 23% as anti Semitic. I mean seriously? Id be surprised if even half of Japanese people had anything more than the vaguest idea of what a Jewish person is. Jews have absolutely nothing to do with their world. I doubt even 23% of Japanese care enough about foreign events (and take a pro humanity view) to be against Israel's bullshit yet alone being ignorant enough to equate that with all Jews.

No, that poll is clearly along the same lines as that news article from a few months back about there being a lot of anti semitism in the uk.... Which on further investigation proved to be made by an organization whose job it was to fight anti semitism and used stupid methodology.

The vast majority of Europeans don't give a shit about Jewish people at all. Especially secular Jews.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

I don't understand why false positives are more relevant than false negatives.

I don't see any questions that referred to "some Jews."  They all asked about "Jews."

How do you know what the vast majority of Europeans think about Jews?

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on April 09, 2015, 08:03:47 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 08, 2015, 04:35:04 PM
Quote from: Tyr on April 08, 2015, 04:25:36 PM
Anti semitic doesn't mean agreeing with a few loaded questions about whether Jews have a lot of power in business.

AFAICT the questions were not asking whether Jews have a lot of power (which is after all just an empirical question) but rather if they have too much power.

So it's not anti-semetic because you happen to believe it? :huh: