And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2015

Started by derspiess, April 06, 2015, 10:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 13, 2015, 10:38:28 PM
Astros are in the AL now? :unsure:
Moved in 2013 after they were sold in order to even out the leagues at 15 teams a piece.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Should have moved the damn Brewers back. Nobody wanted this.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on October 13, 2015, 10:49:19 PM

Should have moved the damn Brewers back. Nobody wanted this.
It is more geographically convenient and puts both Texas teams in the same division.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 13, 2015, 10:57:38 PM
It is more geographically convenient and puts both Texas teams in the same division.

That means no potential for all-Texas WS.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

It shits all over fifty years of baseball history. Why not move the Cubs or the Mets or the Dodgers then? They are even closer to an AL team.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

The strongest argument for putting the Stros back in the AL is their history of outlandish uniforms.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 13, 2015, 11:07:08 PM
The strongest argument for putting the Stros back in the AL is their history of outlandish uniforms.

Having been watching this ALDS closely I kind of miss their multi-coloured outlandish uniforms...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

that ump could use a little technology assist to call the strike zone properly.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on October 13, 2015, 11:05:20 PM

It shits all over fifty years of baseball history. Why not move the Cubs or the Mets or the Dodgers then? They are even closer to an AL team.
Because they were not an NL central team that could fit geographically into the AL west? Not complicated.

1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 14, 2015, 04:29:12 PM
Because they were not an NL central team that could fit geographically into the AL west? Not complicated.

They should have left the leagues unbalanced and not gone to every day interleague play.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

I prefer balanced leagues but surely there was a better candidate than the Astros.

I didn't have a dog in the Toronto/Texas fight but the behavior of the Toronto fans compels me to root for the Rangers.

Rangers would fit better in the National than the Astros.

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 14, 2015, 05:47:20 PM
I prefer balanced leagues but surely there was a better candidate than the Astros.

I didn't have a dog in the Toronto/Texas fight but the behavior of the Toronto fans compels me to root for the Rangers.

Rangers would fit better in the National than the Astros.

There were 16 teams in the national league and 14 in the american. There were 6 teams in the NL Central and 4 in the AL West. The natural thing was to move a team from the NL Central. The obvious team was the Brewers with their history, but the Seligs used to own the Brewers. Obviously wouldn't move the Cubs, Cards, Pirates, or Reds. So that left the Astros.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

MadBurgerMaker

Admiral Yi

I think I heard the announcers say first time in playoffs 3 errors in one inning.

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on October 13, 2015, 10:15:01 AM

That hour that started when the Astros 8th inning began was an ugly one for Baseball fans all over Texas.

For one the Governor tweeted this after the 7th inning.

I am just imagining what would happen to the governor of Illinois if he cursed the Cubs like that.

Oops.

Congrats Beeb. :)