First Week of June Languish London Meet MEGATHREAD

Started by lustindarkness, April 01, 2015, 10:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 19, 2015, 11:17:48 AM
Berry, did we decide on a pub?

I think current plan is to decide on a restaurant. The less stops it is from Waterloo or Victoria the happier I am, thats all I care about really :)

capturedfairy

How far is the Eurostar train station to the Strand Palace Hotel? Can we make it on the metro or do we need a taxi? :hmm:

Martinus

Quote from: capturedfairy on May 19, 2015, 11:57:17 AM
How far is the Eurostar train station to the Strand Palace Hotel? Can we make it on the metro or do we need a taxi? :hmm:

Definitely metro. Using taxi in London is tantamount to a suicide, both time-wise and financially.

Btw, it's *tube*.

capturedfairy

Quote from: Martinus on May 19, 2015, 11:59:06 AM

Definitely metro. Using taxi in London is tantamount to a suicide, both time-wise and financially.

Btw, it's *tube*.

Thank you. :hug:

Martinus

I would also suggest getting a smartphone app with a map of the London underground. Saves a lot of time. :)

Here is the map of the central part:

Unless the things have changed you will arrive at King's Cross/St. Pancrace (that's the part with disabled symbol on it) so it seems like you only need to take the blue (Piccadilly) line to get to Covent Garden and you are set.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on May 19, 2015, 12:00:05 PM
I would also suggest getting a smartphone app with a map of the London underground. Saves a lot of time. :)

Ideally you would have 3G, and visit tfl.gov.co.uk Very nice journey planner there for mass transit

lustindarkness

Anything under 20 miles we will walk, we need to get in shape for RH's death march. :P
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Gups

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 19, 2015, 12:15:04 PM

Anything under 20 miles we will walk, we need to get in shape for RH's death march. :P

It's about two miles and a nice walk if you're not too weighed down with CP's luggage. Go through Bloomsbury (past the Brit Museum) rather than on the main road through Holborn.

Admiral Yi

lustindarkness

We hump it then! I won't even make her wear comabt boots and carry her bag in a rucksack.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

capturedfairy

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 19, 2015, 12:15:04 PM

Good man  :cool:

St Pancras is a short 20 minute walk to the Strand, slightly more than Euston to the Strand...........which I always walk as it is easier than getting the tube or hailing a cab; if you have heavy luggage then just get a cab. I guess it also depends on how good your mapreading skills are - first few minutes in a new city can be a bit confusing.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Richard Hakluyt

I'm off to Scotland for a week or so in a couple of days btw. Living it up in cosmopolitan Ardnamurchan - I think we'll be off the net up there unless the local hostelry has wireless. So I'm hoping that a competent person is going to arrange our Thursday evening meetup................that's you Berry  ;)

lustindarkness

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 19, 2015, 03:33:57 PM
I'm off to Scotland for a week or so in a couple of days btw. Living it up in cosmopolitan Ardnamurchan - I think we'll be off the net up there unless the local hostelry has wireless. So I'm hoping that a competent person is going to arrange our Thursday evening meetup................that's you Berry  ;)

Have fun!
And yes, Berry is the designated competent person. Hell, some of us don't even qualify as "person". :)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom